Part-9

"Coooonnnnniiiieeeeeee......"

Jacob woke up screaming her name. He was sweating. His scream woke connie up. She switched on the light and rushed to Jacob.

"Jacob, are you alright?" She asked. Why are you sweating. "Why did you scream my name?"

Jacob hugged Connie not wanting to let go. Connie hugged him back. "It's okay!" She said! "It's okay."

"I thought I had lost you,"he said. He had tears in his eyes. He really thought Connie was gone.

"Shh, it was just a nightmare."She explained. "See I am still here with you. You haven't lost me Jacob. You will never do. I will always be with you."

Jacob was glad. He couldn't imagine his life without Connie. Yes he was upset and hurt by her accusations but it's only because he cares for her. He can't afford to lose her. He wasn't going to leave her, he just needed time alone.

Connie took Jacob to the bed and tucked him in. She was about to leave when Jacob pulled her hand.

"Please stay!"He said. "Don't leave me! I am sorry for being angry at you. I just needed time alone before but I realised I am incomplete without you connie. I love you! I love you Connie."

Connie has tears in her eyes. Tears of happiness! Jacob still loved her. She was sure not to mess it up this time and she couldn't afford to lose him too.

Connie stayed by Jacob's side, gently brushing his hair with her hand. Jacob positioned himself on connie's legs with his hands around her waist. He didn't want to let go. He didn't want to lose her.

Connie kissed the top of Jacob's head and slowly drifted off to sleep.