14

-1 month later-

Over the past month, we have definitely grown apart. We eat meals together, but in different rooms, but at least it's at the same time. We don't talk except for brief 'good mornings' and 'good night' but I'm telling you, that's it. We both have specific times where we use the mini treadmill and elliptical so we don't run into each other. We don't see each other at all and It is all my fault. I regretted what I said, and I've been thinking about it ever since.

I was in the kitchen when I heard a knocking on the door, my stomach dropped and my heart was beating very fast. There was no peep hole, so my immediate instinct was to put Bucky away, in protection. If it was the guys, they would have called or said it was them, so who was this? I ran up the stairs and knocked on his door. "What?" He asked with a harsh tone.

"Someone is at the door, I don't know who yet, go into the basement and take cover" I said and he opened the door, my palms were sweating and I could tell he was nervous about this even more than I was. "Bucky, go hide" I said and he smirked, but I could see through it. "You're not putting yourself in anymore danger" was all he said and walked downstairs. He was about to open the door before it was blasted open by something. I immediately knew who it was and crawled to Bucky, it had to be Stark. "It's Stark, go to the basement and there's a tunnel. "Take it to the small building it leads to, I'll meet you there" I said and hugged him he wrapped his arm around me and whispered "Be safe" I broke away but didn't want to, I have been waiting to be this close to him but this was to protect him

"I'll stall, and take out his men, don't worry about me" I said and shoved him to the basement. "If anything moves, kill it, that's the boss' orders" was all I heard and it wasn't Tony's voice, no matter how mean and selfish he was, he wouldn't kill me, at least, I'm not so sure about Bucky. I ran down to the basement and saw the tunnel. I opened it and started running full speed. Thank goodness Clint had this installed without his friends knowledge or we'd be dead right now.

Bucky was running in front of me and he stopped. "It's not Stark, keep running, they said to kill anything that moves. Just run" I said and we started running fast together, but he was faster because of the serum and wasn't running at his full speed. "Don't slow down for me, you need to make it out" I said and he hesitated but ran faster.

I was so scared this would kill Bucky. He needed to make it back to Steve, he's been trying to find Bucky for way to long. We kept running until I heard a gun shot echo through the hall. Bucky was fine, he turned his head and checked on me, "keep going" I yelled at him and he shook his head no. "What? keep going." I said and he shook his head again. "I'm not letting you die, just stay to one side and run" he said and I didn't feel better at all. "Bucky, I'm not going to say it again" I said and he pushed me over to this gap in wall where they wouldn't be able to see us because it was so dark. It hurt my back and he put a finger to my mouth. "shhhh... Listen, someone is coming" He said and his chest was against my body. I looked up at Bucky and he was already starring at me.

"I'm so sorry Bucky, I'm sorry we didn't become closer and I pushed you away, I didn't want that. I didn't mean anything I said. I just hope you can forgive me, and we can get to know each other." I said and he nodded. "I'm sorry to, I don't know why I lied in the first place, I wanted to get to know you and-" I put my hand on his lips when I heard foot steps.

"Buck?" I heard his voice call, It was Steve's voice. Bucky got out and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he smiled into my neck. "What did I miss?" Steve said. "So, who was that?" I asked so we'd get off that subject, and Steve just looked confused. "I don't know who, but Nat and Sam are holding them off. Anyways, we need to get you both out of here." Steve said and they both started to run very fast.

I tried keeping up, but it wasn't working and eventually Steve just threw my on his back and gave me a 'ride' back to the house. "Bucky, Kyla, you two get out of here and to the jet," Steve said and I looked at Bucky. "Bucky, you don't have to fight, if you don't feel ready, I can handle this." I said and he nodded. "If I need to, I'll fight" he said.

We heard a few gun shots and I looked out the window and we were winning so far. Natasha was fighting two armed men who were both twice her size, while Sam was in his suit taking out people and Steve ran in and started to fight a man in a metal suit. I grabbed Bucky's hand and we jumped through the window together, we went this way because the door was gone and they'd take him.

People turned to us and started shooting but we dodged them very easily. "Bucky stay here" I said and he nodded. I grabbed a few guns off of the wall in the jet. I stood on the cargo hold and shot out as many as I could.