27

We all turned around and saw him back up and his suit had transformed into a bigger more powerful suit. He started shooting at us and Bucky pulled me down to the ground while Natasha did the same for Steve

Bucky was holding onto my hand very tightly and he kissed my hand. Steve's eyes were puffy from him crying earlier and Natasha's were filled with worry and I was just nervous and scared

I didn't want Bucky to be taken away and they ruined this day for Steve. He didn't deserve this, he just lost his girl and Hydra came and ruined it.

He stopped firing and we heard him coming for us. "Give us The Asset or Agent Kyla. Just one of you or we will be forced to take both." He said.

Bucky stood up and raised his hands over his head. "I will go" he mumbled while looking at me. I stood up and pushed him back down, "No Bucky! I'm going you're not leaving Steve." I said and he stood up again.

Bucky placed his hand on my waist. "You will die Kyla if they put you through this, at least I'm used to it" he said and brushed my tears away with his metal arm. "No, you think you won't die? Bucky I can handle it, you stay with Steve"

I said and Rumlow shot at the ceiling. "One of you, over here, now." He said and I sighed. Neither of us went we just held onto each other's hands until we heard a helicopter. "Rumlow, come outside with your hands up" we heard from outside.

He sighed and raised his gun back at us and shot it. I pulled Bucky and I both down to the ground and it went behind us.

Agents began rushing in and we watched them all take Rumlow down. Once we were all in the clear we stood up. I hugged Bucky and he kissed my head.

"Let's get out of here" Bucky said and Steve walked over to me. "I'm going home, need a ride?" Steve asked me because we lived in the same building, we lived across the hall.

--

We all walked up the stairs slowly together and once we reached Steve's apartment he sighed. "You'll take care of Bucky? I'd like to be alone"he said and I nodded. "Okay, I'll stop by later with your dinner, be careful" I said and hugged him quick.

He walked into his apartment and closed the door, I started to unlock my apartment when I felt two arms snake around my waist.

I unlocked the door and was vey surprised Hydra hadn't vandalized my house. "It's so cute in here" Bucky said and started looking around.

I locked the door and the windows in case someone tried to get in and turned up the heat. "So, I noticed you only have one bed, I'll sleep on the couch."

"Bucky no, you and I can share" I said and he smirked. "Bucky, it's only sleep don't get to excited now" I said and he nodded and smirked even more

"Thank you Buck for earlier, you volunteered to go back" I said and he hugged me. "I would do anything to protect you" he said.

I leaned back and kissed him. "I want to protect you" I whispered and let go of him. "Now, go change that suit is so messed up now" I said and looked at all the tears and rips in it. "Can I shower as well?" He asked and I nodded. "I'll be in the kitchen making Steve some food, so if I'm not here when you get out" I said and he nodded.

I made Steve his favorite dinner, it was my famous lasagna. I carried it over to his apartment and knocked. He slowly opened it and looked like he was crying. "Here" I said and handed it to him. "Thanks Ky, I'll see you tomorrow"

I walked back to my place and when I opened the door Bucky only had a towel covering his - you know. His abs were very toned and he was still wet. He smirked at me checking him out and leaned against the door.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer, ...anyways I was wondering if I have any clothes I could change into" he asked and I knew I was blushing. "Umm, I think I might have some old clothes from my old partner, or if that's to weird I can ask Steve." I said

"I don't want to bother Steve, I'll take his clothes" he said a little awkwardly. "No, I feel like this is to weird" I said and he pulled the towel up more. "I could care less what clothes I get, I'm starting to freeze, I'd go ask Steve but I wouldn't want to flash your neighbors" he snapped at me.

"Here" I said and handed him the clothes. He walked back into the bathroom and changed into them. He came out and I walk in with a towel and my clothes.

I showered as well and it felt so good to be home but it wasn't the same anymore. Steve was different and now Bucky was here as well.

Things are just very confusing

---

I walked out of the bathroom and Bucky was sitting on the couch with black sweatpants and a grey short sleeved shirt. He smiled when he saw me and then patted the seat next to him.

I walked over and sat down. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed my head. "I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier babe, I was sort of worried and upset; just a huge rush of emotions and I don't know what to do"

"It's alright, today's been a very confusing day" I said and leaned on him. I pulled a blanket on top of us and closed my eyes.

Before I fell asleep, I thought I heard Bucky mumble

"I love you"