21

I was lonely because no one understood how I felt, on Kyla, and what I did in the past. Stark wants to kill me and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone else wanted to.

---

Kyla

He was drowning me, and burning me, and freezing me, and beating me, he caused all this pain.

Something told me it didn't happen but I could see it happening in my mind, and I was scared I didn't know who to trust, myself or everyone else?

He seemed familiar and I felt warm around him, well my heart did, but my brain only saw the bruises and broken body.

Steve told me it wasn't him, and I don't know if he's lying, but why would he lie to me?

"Miss Reid?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Dr. Banner. We've worked together before but didn't call each other by first names just yet. "Sorry, I was thinking" I said. "May I ask, about what?"

"I just remember pictures and short little clips of what happened, but everyone keeps telling me they're fake, so I don't know whether to trust myself or not." I said. "That man out there, we have proof he didn't too those things, he was with us, helping to find you and he hasn't stopped worrying, just know he is on your side." He said.

"That's what everyone says, I-, will I ever remember what really happened out there?" I asked. "Yes, " he said. "How fast?" I asked.

"Just close your eyes for me," he said and I did. "Now, I'm going to inject you with something that will wash out any other chemicals in your system, so that you will slowly remember what happened, it never been used so it will work fast or slowly.

"Okay" I said.

Memories flashed through my mind of who really did this. Rumlow. It was all him, then I remembered who Bucky was, Steve's best friend. I remembered meeting him, then the hotel, and the house, and when I was taken he was the only one fighting to get me.

I felt so guilty for throwing a fucking chair at him! I cringed and opened my eyes to see Dr. Banner asleep in a chair by my bed. "Dr. Banner" I said and he opened his eyes

"Oh, sorry" he said. "No, how long was I asleep?" I asked. "Two days" he answered. "Wait, really? Anyways, could you get him, Bucky" I said quietly.

"Should I get Steve first?" He asked. "No, just get Bucky" I said and he nodded and walked out. I sat up on the bed and swung my legs over so they were touching the floor, he walked in very slowly and quietly.

"Bucky" I said and he looked up at me, and I saw the bruises on his face. I started crying and he spoke up. "I can go" he said. "No, no, it's your face, I did that?" I asked and he walked over to me. "Don't do that to yourself" he said,

I stood up and put my hand on his face. I pushed some of his hair behind his ear and shed another tear. "I'm so sorry for every thing I said, and for what I did Bucky. I need you to know I didn't mean any of it" I said and he placed his real hand on my face and wiped the tears off. "I know you didn't mean it" he said and put his metal hand on my waist. I wrapped both arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

I pulled away and we stayed in each other's embrace and he slowly leaned in, I started to as well until our breath was tickling each others faces. He smiled and closed his eyes, we were so close to kissing, damn.

The door busted open and Natasha was there with a smirk on her face, "I'm sorry, was I interrupting something?" She asked. Bucky and I let go of each other and he scratched his neck.

He was a little awkward now and I was too now. I was a little flushed and was curious about what would've happened if she didn't interrupt.

"There's an emergency and we need Bucky, you stay here, and don't move." She said and looked at me. I didn't argue because I knew I was damaged right now and couldn't hold my own.

"I'll be back right after this" Bucky said and I nodded. "Be careful, both of you" I said as they ran out of the room.

I was nervous Hydra was here or Bucky was going to be taken away. I was sweating a little bit and my heart beat kept getting faster and faster. I was laying on my bed and just fidgeting with my fingers.

It has been a good half hour and no one has come for me and I was freaking out. I decided to go check out what was happening. I walked out very slowly because my stomach hurts.

I heard someone shout and it sounded close, so I leaned against the wall and hid there, while people walked by. I noticed it was Shield workers, I didn't know why they were at Stark's place. No one noticed me while I was standing there and they ran into my room and looked angry I wasn't there.

I quietly opened a door that lead to one of the upper floors and walked up there slowly. Before I made it to the top floor I heard grunting and it sounded like Bucky. I opened the door and he spotted it me and mouthed something to me, 'run' he mouthed to me with a scared expression on his face. He was tied up and so was Steve, Natasha, Sam, Agent Hill, everyone was tied in chains but Tony was unconscious on the floor with a broken suit.

I noticed Bucky look down and I tried to see what he was looking at. I was nervous they would get hurt or something. I heard the door to the stairwell a few floors down open which meant they were coming for me. Bucky looked back up at me and nodded.

I walked into the room and cut him out then he started cutting out the others. "What's going on?" I asked and he pulled me aside. "They're with Hydra disguised as Shield they are looking to take us back, now go hide I'll come and find you babe" he said and pushed me aside again.

Did he just call me babe?