18

Bucky's POV:

We were all in a room, I was skipping through channels on the TV trying to find anything at all. I wanted her back so bad, what if they hurt her, or turned her into another me? I can't live with that, it will be all my fault.

Steve and Sam were searching online while Nat was calling in favors. I was on one channel, but the whole screen turned black then a picture lit up.

It was her.

"What the-, guys! She's! She's! On, Kyla is on the TV!" I yelled. She was very pale, and looked like she hasn't eaten or drinker anything, and the bags under her eyes were so dark. Her hair was messy and stuck together with blood, she had cuts and bruises all over her face and dried blood as well. Her hands and legs were cuffed together and behind her was a familiar looking machine.

"Brainwash" I mumbled. "What?" Nat asked. "That's, that's the brainwashing machine!" I yelled and watched her closely. She was shaking and she was staring at something off camera. A man in a suit walked on camera. He was the one who broke into the house in the first place

He looked down at her and back to the camera. "Hello World. We are broadcasting this all over the globe so that Captain America and his friend will get this, him and his friend have killed together and won't stop. So we have one of theirs, she hasn't been given any care since she got here. Now." He paused, I looked at Steve and he was sweating and shaking.

A man injected her with something and she tensed up into the chair and I put my hands to my head, and started pulling my hair. "What's going on Bucky?" someone asked. "They're about to brainwash her" I said and the man started talking again. I noticed Kyla was worried and she couldn't control herself, but it happens, she was scared and I wanted to be in her place, at least I'm used to it. She's not.

"This, is the machine we used to create The Winter Soldier, and after his experience, I'm sure he won't want her to go through with this" he said and I closed my eyes, I don't want to have her go through that.

The machine started up and I looked away, I heard her scream and looked back to see tears roll down her eyes and she was trying to break out of the machine, she kept screaming and the machine finally died down. My heart was broken when I heard her cry out my name. She mumbled a quiet Bucky, that's all it took to break me. I shed a few tears and wiped them away quickly. "I'm sorry" I whispered.

I was so angry I picked up the table and threw it at the wall. Everyone stared at me in silence and I wanted to kill that man, I wanted to kill everyone who just hurt her.

"Do you know your name?" He asked her. "Kyla" she said and he smirked. "What was the name of your old partner?" He asked and she couldn't remember, "It's," she paused and he smirked. "You have 10 hours to get him to us, or you're looking at the new face of Hydra"

She looked at the camera and I saw her mouth part, I knew that look, she was going to say something, she gulped and best breathed in, she opened her mouth and screamed out, "NO, DON'T COME BUCKY ILL BE FI-" she said and it cut off with the man punching her and that's it.

My heart was beating and my palms were sweating. "Bucky-" Steve said and put an arm on my shoulder. "She is very strong, she will make it" he said and I looked at the ground. "This is all my fault and you can't even deny it" I said and looked at Steve, "Steve if I never let them take her, she'd be safe with us, and she wouldn't have to go through this" I said.

"It's not just your fault, it's all of ours, we all wanted to but they weren't going to stop until they had at least one of us, and she is the most experienced one, she knows how to survive and she will make it" Steve said. "Can we just go get her, did you track the signal?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'm not sure we should go alone, we might need some help" Natasha said "No. We can do this, all of us, we get her back" Steve said, "no help from anyone else, we have to do it ourselves" he finished

"Alright let's go then" I said and Steve looked at me, but nodded. "Let's go," he said to everyone and we grabbed weapons. I was trying to distract myself on the way up to the jet but it wasn't working. I couldn't stop thinking about her, she must be so scared and nervous.

She also must be scared she can't remember the most obvious facts about herself, I was ready to fight for her though, I wouldn't stop until we had her back.

The ride was absolutely awful, I was worrying myself the whole time and holding back tears and everyone else was as well.

"We're two minutes away, Steve you got a plan?" Natasha asked.

"I've been looking over the layout of this building and it's bigger than any base we've come upon, it will have traps and guards all over the place. This isn't just a mission to rescue Kyla, it's to show Hydra that we won't stand for this anymore. "Everyone has a partner and no one breaks up. We will get Kyla and imprison every single person there, and we will all" Steve said and looked at me. "We'll all make it out alive"

I loaded up my gun and placed my hearing device in.

"Let's do this"