Unusual

"I love you because you love everyone, and everyone's soul. You don't care what others think of you and that's just one more thing I love about you. I know this isn't a poem, but I know you'll love it anyways because I at least tried to use my own words to explain my love, but that's another reason for another time. After you read this, when you see me, kiss me, because I love the way you kiss. I love all of you, Erin Lindsay."
Jay wrote his words down onto a piece of paper. He wrote as slowly as he could so his handwriting was readable, or at least legible. His hand had been hurting but he didn't care. He smiled and then struggled to fold the paper into the shape of a heart. He then wrote open me on it and signed it, Jay Halstead, as if Erin wouldn't know who it was from.

He walked over to her desk and looked in every direction to make sure no one saw him. When he didn't see anyone, he slipped the note under the mouse for her computer, that way he knew she would find it. Jay walked over to his desk and sat down, staring at the note like he was unsure of it. He knew it was okay, or at least he hoped. But every time he thought of it, he thought, she's gonna hate it. It's so bad. I should just go get it back. Maybe I will. Okay....oh crap! Erin's here.

Erin sat down at her desk but didn't look at where the note was. She, instead, looked at Voight who was trying to stare someone down. When she finally figured out who it was he was looking at, she walked over to him.

"Hey, you know Voight has been staring at you for like 10 minutes now?" Erin asked Jay.

"Oh, wow! Really. I just couldn't take my eyes off you so I didn't even notice." Then he grabbed his mouse and picked it up. "Your note...it's on your desk." The he put his mouse down. She smiled.

"Oh, good." She walked over to her desk and the looked around. She opened all the drawers and looked under every paper. The final place she looked was under her mouse. "I feel so stupid. You even gave me a hint, and I'm a detective, and I should've figured that out...how did I...?" She was cut off by Jay.

"Hey. I think you're smart. I think you just got anxious or excited or something and didn't think straight. But hey, when you're around, that's me...all the time. I can't think at all. You just... mesmerize me."

"Jay. Really. You don't have to do this...I know how much you love me." Erin responded, forgetting they were at work.

"That's the thing. You don't. You don't know how much I love you or how much it would hurt if I lost you. And you don't know why I love you. You don't know because I've never told you. So I'm telling you now." Jay told her.

"Jay...that's...I love you." She smiled and then ran over to him and kissed him. "I love you."

"I know. I'm a very lovable person..." He said sarcastically.

"You wish!" She said, playfully punching him in the shoulder.

After Erin heard what he said, about how he felt, she knew he was the one. He was someone that she could love forever, and she was happy that she said yes to him when he proposed.

So this story I going to take a gigantic turn. It's gonna be in a POV of Erin for the rest of this. I apologize if it gets confusing.

Erin's POV:
I looked over at Voight through his office windows, where he was sitting. He looked back at me and Jay, disapprovingly. I chose not to give any reaction but instead looked away. I walked back to my desk and sat down, grabbing papers and writing down all the reason why I love Jay, that way Hank couldn't break us up. I know he loves Jay as a detective, but I'm not sure he loves the idea of us being together. I stood up and walked outside because I needed some air. Jay followed me out.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

"I guess. I just don't feel good." I said. I'm lying. I feel fine.

"You're probably sick. You should go home." Jay stated.

"Probably. Can you tell Hank I'm sick and I'm going to go home?" I asked.

"Sure. You just go home and get some rest. I'll see you after work. I love you."

"Love you too." I said. Jay and I quickly kissed before I ran to get in my car. I pulled my car out in the direction I would take to go home but after Jay went back inside the district, I circled back and went the complete opposite way.

I had no idea what I was happening. I don't know why I lied to Jay; I felt completely fine. There's something wrong with me.

And I don't even know what.