Holes In My Heart

Erin realized she messed up so she drove as fast as she could to the hospital. She ran into the room to see Drew sleeping and Jay sitting down in the tan chair.

"Is he okay?" Erin asked, sobbing at the sight of him.

"Yeah. Erin, what are you doing here? I thought you wanted to stay home." Jay asked.

"I wanted to, but I can't, I can't let you be here for our child when I should be here too. I'm sorry, Jay. I'm so sorry. So he's okay, healthy, fine?"

"Erin, calm down, he's perfect, he's tough, no physical harm, not even a concussion. He's like his mother."

"And father..." Erin replied, hugging him. Erin walked over to Drew and picked him up. "Hey...look, mommy's sorry, I didn't mean to let you fall. I'm so sorry." Erin baby-talked to Drew.

"Erin, doctor says we can leave now, let's go." Jay stated, leading them out to the car. "I'll drive him in mine, since I have the car seat, is that fine?"

"Yeah, Jay, be careful, I don't want him to get hurt, I don't want both of his parents to have hurt him somehow." Erin confessed.

"I know, he's safe with me, with US." Jay responded, sympathetically.

They both got into their cars, Jay took a bit longer because he had to buckle Drew up. Finally, they left the hospital parking lot and headed home.

When they got home, Jay took Drew up to bed and came down to the kitchen, where Erin sat, staring at the hole in the wall.

"I'll fix it in the morning." Jay stated, sitting next to Erin. He grabbed her shoulder and pulled her close. "We haven't kissed in forever, you know that, right?"

Erin looked into his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"No talking." He ordered, pressing his lips to hers. "I love you." He confessed his love, once again.

"I know. I love you too. I do, I love you with all my heart...well, not all of it, I love Drew with it too, but you get a little of it...Drew's cuter than you..." Erin teased.

"Well, he is a mixture of you and me... Of course he's cute..."

They made out for a while, up until Drew started crying. Erin went up to see what was wrong. She fed him, changed him, and then put him back to bed. By then, it was midnight and Jay and Erin headed to bed. They watched each other for a while and then kissed and finally fell asleep. Not long after, Drew woke up, agitated. Erin woke up, so she went into the nursery. She hushed him as he stopped crying. He started to smirk, and she remembered when he was born, how that was the first thing he did when she saw him, smirk.

"I love you. Your my baby, my baby boy." She whispered, picking him up, swaying him back and forth. He started to smile, he smiled for a while.

His weary eyes closed after a while, but he slept with that same smile. The smile you have when your happy, when your loved, when you love.

"Night." She murmured, walking out of the room. She shuffled into bed and got comfortable.

"You were up for a while." Jay stated.

"Have you been up this whole time?" Erin asked.

"Yeah. It's okay, we both forgive you...for what happened, and it wasn't even your fault, you couldn't have known he'd fall off. We forgive you, we love you." He said kissing her. "Now go back to sleep." He ordered, already shutting his eyes.

She closed her eyes. When she woke up, it was early, maybe six o'clock in the morning. Just three hours before, she had been holding her baby. She stood up to see Jay still sleeping. She walked into Drew's room and looked at him. He had been looking around. When he saw Erin, he laughed. He wiggled around and reached for Erin.

"Hey, you're up early, very early." Jay stated, walking up behind her.

"He's okay." She said, letting only one tear roll onto her cheek, quickly wiping it away.

"Yes, he is. I'm gonna go fix that hole, eat breakfast in a bit, don't starve yourself."

"Okay, I'll be down in a bit." Erin stated.

As Jay walked into the kitchen he said something to himself, One hole down, one to go. He had fixed the hole in Erin's heart, but still had to fix the hole in the wall.

Not and hour later, it was all fixed up, all that was left to do was to paint it. Erin finally came down for breakfast, bringing Drew with her. She held Drew with her right arm, and a purple monkey (reference from One Tree Hill) in her left hand.

"He really likes monkeys, huh?" Jay laughed.

"Maybe he likes purple." She said.

Drew giggled and reached for the monkey.

"Perfect." Erin started, "there's nothing more I could want than I already had."

What I never knew I always wanted is laying right in my arms. Erin thought.