That's Life Part 4

Tony's POV-

I run down the hallway and rush into Abby's room. She looks up at me and beams. My hearts stops for a minute while I see how beat up she is. "Hey Tony. How great do I look? Hahah, but can you belive they're making me wear this?" She asks, gesturing to her all white night gown, her voice coming out rough and scratchy and breaking often. "They don't even have a black one!" She yells, clearly looking annoyed. "Abs, we don't have much time. Do you want to talk to me about..... I mean is this all because of... Abby if this was my fault then...." I whisper, choking back a sob.

Abby has a grave look in her eyes. "Tony, this is not your fault. I go too close. I shouldn't have been looking into those files, you told me not too, but I did anyways! This is MY fault. And I'm going to live with the consequences. But I won't die Tony. That would be selfish and I could never hurt you that way." "Or McGee or Ziva or Gibbs." I add. Abby nods her head yes. "We are all damaged. Because we had parents that kept bigger secrets than they could manage and we ended up suffering because of it. We understand because after us, after we die, we leave no forwarding address, no place for others to go to feel comfort, no family. I have Luca and you and McGee and Gibbs have your dads and Ziva has Shmeil and that's it. That's all. Or at least that's what we thought. We never realized how much we needed each other, how imperative we were to each other's survival." Her voice breaks.

"Tony, you are like the overprotective, overbearing, loving, caring, and sweet big brother I never had. I had Luca, but I was always protecting him. Tony, your my big brother, I'm your little sister, and that's why this is so hard for you. I know you want to become all Gibbs-like and pretend your strong, but you can't help but blame yourself for my mistakes. You think you should have protected me better when in fact, I should have been helping you watch my back. We are the best co-workers anyone would wish for. Tony, I love you. Now go. I have to get better. For McGee and Gibbs and Ziva and Ducky and Palmer. And You."

"I love you Abs." I say as she is wheeled away. I see her face go from a happy smile to a cold mask of no expression as she drifts out of conciousness. I slide down the wall and put my head in my hands. I feel a hard hand slap the back of my head. I look up and see Gibbs standing there, a smirk on his face. "Well, Abby got most of that right. But she did screw up one part." he says. I look at him confused, and he responds "We aren't just co-workers DiNozzo. We're a family." And with that he walks away.