Chapter 11

Nicole's P.O.V

"Oh, that stupid ass." Chris said and laughed thinking that Crawford was careless and that's why he bumped with me.

"Oh no, it was my fault. I'm seriously clumsy." I said and shook my head. I have been literally bumping with everyone lately. Clumsiness on fleek!

He came close to me and embraced me tightly saying, "My cute lil clumsy bear." I stick my tongue at him and he grins at me.

~ ~ ~

After the school was finished, we all went back home. I went to my room and jumped onto the bed. I took some selfies and posted it on Instagram and then I went in the washroom to take a shower. Then after coming out I blow dried my hair, then put on a printed crop top with white shorts and wore boots. I ran downstairs and went to my brother's room. I sat close to him on the bed, he opened his eyes and looked at me. I caressed his brown hair and his hazel eyes were teary and sparkling.

"You okay? You look really sick, let's go to the doctor." I asked him.

"Nope, I'm fine. I don't wanna go to the doctor. They're scary."

"Nate you're 20. You can't be scared of a doctor now." I said, crossing my arms over my chest, giving him a serious look.

"Doctors are bullshits. Anyways did you have your lunch?" He says, trying to change the subject and I sigh.

"No, I was thinking I'll make some soup for you." I said and resting my chin over my hand.

"I love you so much sis. You know what to do when I'm sick." He smiled.

"I love you too bro. I'll go get you soup." I said and got up, exiting his room.

I went to the kitchen and turned on the stove. After making the soup, I took it to his room and told him to get up and sit, so that I can feed him.

"Yum, it's great." He spoke, delightedly eating the soup.

"Thank you." I grinned.

"You know, you cook just like mom." He told me.

I smiled at him and gave him a hug, saying, "I miss her so much."

"Yeah, me too. They'll come back soon though."

I went to my room and called Melissa, to ask her whether she wanted to go for a walk. She agreed and then she came to my house and then we left the house together. During our walk, we saw a cute little puppy. We went close to it and adored it. He was damn cute. It was a baby golden retriever.

"Oh my god. Can't I take it home?" Melissa says, picking the puppy up and adoring it.

"Mel, it can be someone else's, you can't just take it home." I said, trying to take her away from the little puppy, but the puppy seemed to like her and starts following us.

"See? She wants me." Melissa says and walked towards the puppy again, patting it. "You know, she might be abandoned too so it's better if I take her home." She smiles and my eyes widen in astonishment.

"Mel! It might be lost too and it's owner is probably searching for her." I say and she looks at me blankly for few seconds before answering.

"I'm taking her home." She says, picking the puppy up again and starts walking. 

"Melissa Davis, come back here!" I yell at her and she turns around sticking her tongue out at me.

"You with me or not?" She says and I look at her. "Look she is so cute." I sighed and my eyes landed on the cute puppy, she was adorable and to be honest, I did not want to leave her alone. I smiled at Melissa indicating that I agree in taking that golden furry animal home. She became happy and the puppy looked happy too cause it looked like she was smiling, sticking her tongue out.

After it started to get dark, I hugged Melissa and we decided to go home. "Take care of her. Bye bye little Goldie." I said, referring to the golden retriever since it was golden.

"Heyy, it's the perfect name for her since she is all golden." Melissa says, scratching the puppy's head.

"But, it sounds like a fish name." I say, scrunching up my nose. "I didn't mean to name her that."

"Doesn't matter. I like it." She shrugged and I nod.

Melissa walked back home with Goldie and I decided to head towards my home. When I was walking, my eyes were on my phone and suddenly someone called my name.

"Hey Nicole wait."

I looked up from my phone and saw it was no one else but Crawford, Chris's brother, standing in front of me.

"Oh hi!" I said, unlocking my phone and putting it back into my pocket.

"So cool, we meet again." He said and I chuckled.

"Of course, we'll anyways. We go to the same school." I gave a solid reason.

"So, how are you.?" He asked politely.

"Great, how are you doing?"

"Pretty good though."

We chatted for a while and hugged each other saying our goodbyes.

Crawford's P.O.V

I hugged her back and she said goodbye. I said it back and she smiled. Damn this girl is so sweet and nice. I wish I could make her mine. I went back home and went to Chris's room.

"Hey, bro? I need to tell you something." I told him, shyly.

"Yeah, go ahead." Chris smiled.

"There is this girl I really like....." I began, taking a seat beside him.

"Oh cool. So who's the lucky girl?" He asked, smirking and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"She kinda told me that she's your friend." I said, nervously playing with my fingers.

"You wanna date a senior?!" He freaked out and his eyes widened.

"NO. She's a junior. Her name is Nicole Grace. Do you know her?" I asked and his face expression became dull. He looked so happy a second ago, what happened? Did I do something wrong?

"Nicole? Yeah.... I know her." He said softly, looking at the ground.

"Isn't she amazing and beautiful?" I asked smiling, remembering Nicole's flawless face and great personality.

"Very." He murmured. He looked at me and smiled. "Do you like her a lot?" He asked, looking directly in my hazel eyes.

"Dude. I never liked someone more than her." I honestly told him. He took a moment to think and then sighed.

"Okay. I'll help you." He told me, while patting on my back. I became happy and engulfed him for a giant bro hug.

"Thanks bro. Love you."

"I just want you to be happy." He smiled at me, making me feel relieved thinking that my brother will help me get the girl of my dreams.