Chapter 18

Chris's P.O.V

Why was Nicole talking with Josh? I don't like the way Josh looks at her. He definitely likes her. Does she like him back? God dammit. I can't let this happen. They even exchanged their numbers. Oh no. 

Suddenly, Josh came and sat beside me. He looked at me and smiled. "Hey!"

"Hey. So.... What were you doing with Nicole?." I asked him.

"Just talking?" He chuckled. "Just asked her if she wanted to hang out with me." He said and bit his bottom lip.

"Oh, did she say yes?"

"Yeah." He beamed.

"Is it going to be a date?" I asked, getting nervous.

"Nope dude. Me and Nick are just friends." He told me and I let out a sigh of relief. "But- she's unbelievably beautiful." he finished.

"Yeah... she is." I said softly and started getting lost in deep thoughts about Nicole.

She is so beautiful. She is so kind and caring. I wish she was mine forever.

Wait. What the fuck did he just say?

"Wait, what did you just say?!" I almost yelled at him.

"She. is. beautiful?" He told me, stopping at every word while he furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Do you like her?" The words slipped out of my mouth.

Wow I just made this situation ten times awkward.

"And, why do you care?" He asked, narrowing his eyes giving me a suspicious look.

"Huh? No." I say. "I don't care. Bye." I lied and walked out the class.

Nicole's P.O.V

I was walking with Melissa and Sierra at the corridor and suddenly saw Chris storming off the classroom. Woah, what happened? And then Josh came out of the class and saw me. He walked over to us and I asked him. "What just happen?" I chuckled a bit.

"I told Chris that you were unbelievably beautiful and then he suddenly got mad at me." Josh shrugged and my eyes widened.

Chris got jealous. Um what?

"Really? Why'd he do that?" I asked, looking back at Melissa and then at Josh.

"I don't know. Did you have anything to do with him?" He frowned.

"No-nothing. We never had anything." I say, looking away from him.

"Okay. I'll meet you at 6pm, remember?" He reminded me.

"Yeah" I smiled. "I do remember."

He smiled at me and left. Melissa and Sierra looked at me and patted me on the back. "Seems like Chris still cares about you." Sierra told me.

"Why? I mean, he cheated on me with Sophia. He can go fuck with her!" I spat out.

But, wait. Why? Whyyy? Why would Chris react if Josh called me beautiful?. Why'd he care? Such bullshit. He is just confusing. There might be a reason behind all of this weirdness. I've got to find out. 

"Hey!" Melissa told me, shaking me back to reality.

After I reached home, I started getting ready from 5 pm. I decided to wear a full sleeve white crop top and black skinny ripped jeans. I brushed my hair and left it opened. I did my makeup simple because I liked my makeup simple and subtle.

At 5:45 pm, Josh gave me call and I picked it up.

Convo:

"Hello?"

"Yeah. Meet me at Nandos." He told me.

"Be right there."

"Okay, bye."

End of convo.

I took my car keys and left the house. After getting in the car, I turned on some music and drove while enjoying the song.

Pretty soon I reached Nandos and parked my car before entering the shop.

I searched for him and then found him, his eyes were on his phone. I walked towards him and when he realized that I was here, he quickly rose up from the sit.

"You look so pretty." He compliments and I blush.

"Thanks and you look cute. Let's sit?" He dragged the chair out for me and  I sat on it. We ordered 'Peri Peri Chicken' and talked while we waited for the food to arrive.

"Oh yeah. This food is good." He says and nods his head while eating.

"Yeah.. This is. It's actually one of my favorite dishes." I told him and dipped the chicken into the tomato sauce.

After we finished our food, we decided to take a walk. We were walking silently and suddenly he stopped. "What's wrong?" I asked, looking back at him.

"No. It's ju-st. I needed to say somethi-ng." He stuttered, making me more confused.

"Go ahead." I encouraged him, giving him a reassuring smile to indicate that he can tell me anything.

"I like you! A lot." He said it out loud, his eyes were squeezed shut, leaving me surprised.

"I'm sorr-y, but I always thought of you like my friend." I tried to explain and tried not to hurt his feelings but his face expression showed that he was already hurt.

"What? You just friend zoned me?" He said with sadness in his voice.

"You were always my friend." I say, taking a step forward. "As you are my senior, I always saw you like an elder brother."

Shit. Did I just make this situation even worse? I think yes. Yikes!

"What?" He said softly, it was more like an gasp to be honest.

"Please could we just forget this? I don't this to be awkward." I told him, hoping that he would just let it go. He let out a sigh and started walking forward. "Josh?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we good?"

"We are great." He smiles and I let out a sigh of relief. "Let me drop you home."

"No thanks. I have my car with me." I told him and before I went back to my car, I hugged him.

"This week was so horrific, God please just explain to me what's going on. First, I lost Matt as my friend and now I don't want to lose Josh. I hope we'll be fine. No awkwardness." I said to myself while I drove the car.

_____________________________________

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far. 

Let's be friends and know about each other? What do you guys think? Do you guys want an Q/A ?

Please vote and comment. :) X)