Chapter 15

Nicole's P.O.V

It was an call from Matt. I picked it up and said, "Hello Matthew?"

"Nicole. Please save me." he spoke, his voice barely audible.

"Oh my god. Matt are you okay?" I asked concerned.

"I crashed my car with a tree. I can't breathe and I can't keep my eyes open. Please. Help. Me."

"Where are you!?" I asked him.

"A few blocks away from your hom....." he stopped talking.

"Matt? Matt?!!" I screamed.

I ran out of my house and started looking for Matthew. After running a few blocks, I saw that a car crashed with a tree. I figured out that it was Matt. I ran to him and took him out of the car.

"Matt!? Matt!? Can you hear me?" I yelled and slapped him to keep him awake. I called 911 immediately as Matt kept his head on my thigh, resting.

"Matt? Please stay with me." I told him and wiped the blood away from his forehead. Soon, the ambulance came and we were soon in the hospital. Then he was rushed to the operation theater room and then I called Melissa immediately telling her everything.

.

.

.

After the operation was done, Matt was sent to his personal cabin. The doctor came in front of us and spoke," The patient is looking for someone named Nicole. Who is Nicole between you two?"

"Me. Why?" I asked him.

"He wants to see you." The doctor told and smiled.

"What? There must be a mistake. He'd want to see me not her!" Melissa protested.

"Yes Doctor. Did you hear clearly?" I asked him.

"Yes. He said Nicole. Please only you can go in. He's in safe zone but still in a risk. So please, do not disturb him." The doctor told us and left. 

"I can't believe this. At first he called you for help and now he wants to see you?" Melissa told me, I could see she was hurt.

"He called me maybe because he had that accident close to my house, that's why you know, I can help him quickly." I told her. "Anyways, I'm gonna go in and check on him. I'm sure he wants to see you. Just wait here." I told her, and went in the cabin. I saw him lying there on his bed, bandage wrapped around his head. Tears filled in the rim of my eyes, I couldn't watch him like this. I sat on the chair close to him and held his hand. Few seconds later, he opened his eyes and weakly smiled at me. I smiled back and spoke, "How are you doing?"

"Good." He spoke in a low volume.

"I heard that you wanted to see me, or is it Melissa you want to see? Did you mistakenly say Nicole or you wanted to say Melissa?" I winked at him.

He let out a laugh and said, "No, I wanted to see you."

"Why did you call me? Why not Mel? What were you doing in front of my house." I asked him.

"I was coming to you." He smiled.

I stared at his hazel eyes as he stared at my blue ones and then I finally spoke, "I'm gonna go get Mel, she is waiting to see you." I got up from the chair and when I was about to leave he gripped my hand.

"Don't leave. Please. I have to say something." He uttered in a low volume.

"What?" I asked him.

"I have been crushing on you the day I first saw you. You wouldn't even look at me just because you thought I'm a fuckboy. I wanted to talk to you so badly but you wouldn't even speak to me properly. So today I was going at your place to tell you everything."

"And that's why you asked out my bestfriend!!??" I almost yelled at him.

"I did this because I wanted to get close to you. Become your friend. Because this was the only way you'd talk to me." He said gripping my hand more tightly so that I could not leave.

I sighed and thought about yelling at him and say rude things to him but I couldn't. He was already in a bad condition, I can't hurt him like this way. I put my another hand on his hand which was holding my other hand already and told him, "I'm sorry, but you can't hurt my friend like this way. She loves you so much. She is crying out there for YOU."

"I don't care about anybody else. I just want you. I wanted to make my move on you from that day when Chris broke your heart. I've wanted to mend your broken heart." He told me. 

"Oh... So this is what is going on." Melissa spoke, standing in front of the door.

We let go of our hands and I went in front of Mel, "There is a mistak-" but she cut me off by slapping me hard on my face. Matt shot straight up from bed and yelled, "Who gave you the right to hit her?"

"She has every right to do that. But. Mel. Please listen to me. There is nothing between us." I said.

"Don't try to speak. I knew something was wrong when he called your name not mine. And now everything is clear. I never want to see both of your faces again.!" She cried and walked out of the room. 

"Mel!" I called her and went after her, I could feel Matt staring at me and call me when I left, but Melissa means more to me so I went after her. I shouted out her name and ran behind her but she wouldn't stop running away from me. I finally caught her up and turned her around.

"LISTEN TO ME!!" I yelled at her.

"I DON'T WANT TO!! How could you do this to me?!" She cried.

"Believe me please. There is nothing between us. He told me today that he likes me. I swear, I don't like him back. You know that I always liked Chris. And I know that you like Matt a lot. Why would I hurt you like this way?" I exclaimed.

"I don't no...." She hugged me and cried loudly on my shoulders. I hugged her back and brushed her hair as she was crying on my shoulders.

"So? We cool now? You believe me, right?" I asked her. 

"Yeah, I guess." She told me.

"Now what do we do now?"

"I'm going to meet Matt and break up with him." She stated.

"No. Don't. Not right now. That poor guy just had an accident." I told her.

"I don't caaarrree." She said sarcastically and I just laughed at her.

"Okay. Stop joking. I'm serious. Wait I'm gonna go and talk with him. And... do you still want to be with him?" I asked her. 

"No. Can't be with someone who dates me just to get my bestfriend." She told and sighed, I could tell she was hurt. She liked him since we were freshmen and today that guy broke her heart like this way.

"Want me to kick his ass?" I told her.

"Not now. He is hurt already." She laughed.

"Yeah...." I laughed with her. 

_______________________________________________________________

A/N

Well hope you guys are enjoying this book.

Please vote and comment, I'd love to see those. It keeps me motivated. :)