Chapter 16

We both went back to the hospital but, only I entered the room because I needed to talk with Matt alone. After getting in I closed the door behind me and then he looked at me. I went and sat beside him. He looked me in the eyes and I looked away.

"So what do you think? Are you ready to give me a chance?" Matt spoke while he played with his fingers, I could guess he was nervous by the look on his face.

"Never. You've hurt my best friend and you still expect me to give you a chance?" I said. "I'm sorry but, your funny." I said sarcastically.

"Nicole....I'm sorry, but, I just like you a lot." He told me.

"I thought you could've been my boy best friend but you blew the chances. Just don't ever talk to me again." I spat out.

"But-"

"Oh yeah, one more thing. Melissa doesn't want to stay with you anymore." I exclaimed.

"I don't care. I don't want to be with her. I want to be with you." Matt said and gripped my hand. I immediately took it away and left the room. I met Melissa outside the hospital and then she looked at me and smiled.

"So? What happened in there?" She asked me.

"Nothing. Just told him not to talk with me again."

"Oh..." Melissa mumbled.

We went back home. After reaching home, I started to walk upstairs and right then Nathan called me. 

"Pizza?" He asked me and smiled at me.

"Sure." I smiled back.

After that I went to my room, did my usual night routine and went to sleep. I woke up at 7 am and got ready for school, I wore simple plain White T shirt and blue ripped jeans. We had our breakfast and then I plugged in earphones while Nathan drove the car to school. The car ride was silent as usual but I was worried because he said he would beat up Chris. That won't be good. My brother might get suspended. And I didn't want that.

After reaching school, I went to my locker and opened it. I don't know why, but I waited for Chris to come, but I remembered everything and shook my head. God, why did I just wait for him just now?. It was a bad habit. I gotta get rid of it. I hate him and I have to. He isn't worth my time. I was lost in my thoughts and when I took a step forward, I bumped with someone. I sighed and said sorry. When I looked up, it was Chris, staring right in my blue eyes as I stared back at his ones.

"Sorry too." Chris said back.

I looked away, not saying anymore words and just went to class. It was my Language class. I went in and sat beside Melissa. She looked at me and smiled but I frowned. " Did something happen?" She asked as I flipped through the pages of my book.

"No." I replied back. She shrugged and looked back at her pages. After Language class was done, me and Mel got out of the class. We saw a big crowd gathering in front of us. I immediately got frightened and ran towards it. I pushed through the crowd and got in front of them. I was horrified seeing that my brother, Nathan had badly beaten up Chris. Chris had a black eye and his lips were bleeding.

"I had told you before. You would pay for this." Nathan yelled at Chris. 

Right at that moment, the teacher walked in and took Nathan to talk in private. Oohh this was bad. The crowd had disappeared when the teacher walked in. After that Nathan was taken to the principal's office. I waited in front of the princi's room and when he came out he had depressed face.

"What?!" I asked.

"Suspended for 4 days." He smiled at me.

"See? I told you not to do this." I told him.