Chapter 1: The Break-Up

Elizabeta's POV

It seemed like such a gloomy setting. The rain, the grey clouds, and I forgot my jacket. I sighed and shivered in the cold outside, as I walked back home trying to walk as fast as I could but I felt like I was practically dying in the cold, rain.

When I saw Roderich I was more than happy. Maybe lend me his jacket or something. He's always been quite sweet to me. He stood next to me with his hands in my pocket. "Can you come with me?" Roderich asked. I nodded as I changed directions on where I was going.

"Are you okay?" Roderich asked me. I shook my head. "My mom's going to be mad but besides that I'm doing okay," I said. Roderich nodded as we stood under a tree, blocking a bit of the rain.

Roderich was holding both of my hands and had tears in his eyes. Almost the perfect scenery for something I've feared for the year that we were together. I really doubted that this would happen. But the scenery, it's just too familiar from romance movies I've seen in the past.

This is when the couple breaks up...

"Roderich is there something wrong?" I asked, nervously. "I just think that, the spark is gone. We've been fighting a lot lately and, I think it's time for us to part ways," Roderich said and let go of my hands. He just walked off. I hugged my knees and sat under the tree, sobbing loudly.

I was in the rain, my clothes were soaked wet with dirt everywhere. I just felt like I wanted to die. He was the only one that saw me as the woman I really am, and not the one that beat up at least 3 guys at my school.

"Get up," I heard someone say.

I looked up to see someone extending a hand holding up an umbrella decorated in small yellow chicks. The bird kind. The person extending a hand had white hair and black beats headphones on his neck. My eyes widened as I took his hand and realized who it was.

"Gil what are you doing here?" I asked. He shrugged as he pulled me up and I saw his face. Gilbert. But he wasn't his usual self being all awesome and everything. He looked a bit concern as his red eyes met mine. He told me it was just an effect with his contact.

I was stuck with glasses because I was too much of a wimp to put on contacts. "I should be asking what your doing here. Your lucky I even came here. Hell, even a bear would have mauled you my now," Gilbert said. I had suddenly went back on my knees. I noticed a huge scar on my leg that I had.

"Want me to carry you?" Gilbert asked. I shook my head and got up again, only limping. "I'm fine that you for your concern," I said annoyed. He thought of me as weak since he was so amazing that he was one of the school's sweethearts for girls. I never bought it a single bit. But still, I knew him since we were kids and our parents are good friends. So I'm sort of stuck with him.

He didn't even take my advice as he picked me up bridal style. I crossed my arms and slapped his face. He had a face of steal if he didn't even flinch. "What happened to you? I know you hit harder than that, Eliza," Gilbert asked. I sighed and looked at my hands. "It's nothing," I said.

Gilbert looked a bit worried as I held the umbrella that he had earlier. "Jeez to chicks get this depressed when guys dump them?" Gilbert asked. I crossed my arms. "Well, duh! If your crush ever dated you and then you break up, then won't you be hurt?" I asked. Gilbert nodded.

"That's because the my crush and I never dated," Gilbert said. I nodded. "Exactly. So don't judge girls for being depressed after breakups because you will, too," I told Gilbert. He nodded in agreement as I continued to cross my arms. "Here. Your house," Gilbert said and put me down under the porch. I sat on the steps next to him as the both of us stared at the rain.