Chapter 3

School was weird. Especially this school. People acted differently and some people tried to fit in with the wrong crowd. Followers.

I finished my last class early and raced out of the building, rushing to my car. Before I got in, a loud horn sounded from behind me. I turned and saw a yellow Porsche humming to life. I couldn't see who was in the car since the windows were tinted midnight black, but I had a pretty good feeling.

I smirked and unlocked my car doors. As I stepped in, I motioned for the car to follow me.

I started the car and raced out of the school parking lot, the Porsche right behind me. We took sharp turns, way too sharp. We almost ran a few people over trying to out do eachother. In the end, my Honda wasn't enough to beat the foreign car as it swerved in front of me, blocking my path.

The door slid up, I think they call those suicide doors. No one stepped out, though. I smiled and unlocked my phone, opening the camera.

I tried to focus on the driver side as much as I could and snapped the pic. I threw the phone in the passenger seat and reversed the car really quick, causing the driver of the Porsche to try and scramble and close the doors.

Nonetheless, I quickly made it to my place rushed inside, eager to see who this mysterious driver was.

-

"Kasey?" My brother's voice rings from the kitchen as I enter the house. "Kase?"

I sigh and throw my keys into the glass bowl on the table. "What, Carter?" I had made it to the stairs landing when Carter cleared his throat.

I turned slowly and saw him leaning against the pillar connecting the second floor to the first. "How's school?" he asked. I roll my eyes and flip him off. "Go suck a dick, Car."

Carter smiles and brushes past me, going upstairs. "Oh, you've sucked plenty of those for both of us, bitch." He gestures towards the kitchen. "Made some lasagna. It's pretty good; I wouldn't try yours, though. I may have spit in the sauce."

He laughs then walks into his room. I stomp up into my room and and slam the door. I flop on my bed and open my laptop, connecting the USB into my phone. A notification sounds and I open it. A Skype request from someone named Lucas.

I shake my head and exit the app, opening my viewing screen and pulling the photo from today from my files. After enlarging it and sharpening the picture, I could finally make out the outline of a boy.

"Taylor," I say smirking. Before I could zoom in, a message notification from the Skype app pops up into my screen.

I roll my eyes and click the app. I freeze as I start to understand the picture.

It was a picture of me. Sitting on my bed. On the laptop. And it was taken from my window.

a/n: this is kinda icky. sadly, no Taylor. or is there ;) Pic of Taylor >>>