Chapter 19-secrets.

I stood there looking at my mam while she went threw my wardrobe.

It was clear I was speechless so Justin spoke for me.

"What are you doing" He sounded angry but his facial expression gave nothing away.

"I need a word with my daughters alone". She didn't look away from the wardrobe,but she didn't have to. She was telling Justin to leave.

"I'll collect Mia from school," he said to no one in particular,"call me if you need anything",he lowered his voice so only I could hear him.

After Justin left it was only me and my mam left.

"So this is where you have been living then"she turned to look at me in the eye.

"Yes"

She nodded and turned and began going threw my cloths again.

"What are you looking for?" I asked,getting angrier by the second.

Who did she think she was?

"Something nice for you to wear,you and Jess are going to meet my new boyfriend tonight."

"We are?" I sounded so stupid at that moment but I didn't care.

"Yes,you are. He also has a son. A son that wouldn't hit you"

He we go.

"Justin never hit me,it-"

I was cut off with a pile of clots been thrown at me.

"Wear something nice,and make sure that sister of yours is dressed nice as well. Be at MY house at 7" she took one more look around and left.

She couldn't even call Jess my her name.

After I heard the hall door slam shut I walked down stairs.

Sophie was the first one to notice me enter the room. She sprang from Jordan's grip and brought me into a well needed hug.

"What did she want" Sophie asked,loud enough for the hole room to hear.

I looked around,the room consisted of Sophie,Conor,Luke,Aaron and Justin.

For a second I wondered where Jordan was but not for long.

I looked straight at Justin and said,"she wants me to meet her boyfriends son"

The group erupted in loud chatter,none of which I caught because I decided on following Justin out to the back garden.

It looked the same as before we left a couple of nights ago.

"This is bullsh*t," I couldn't of agreed with him more.

He sat down in the long-Ish grass. I sat beside him,still not saying anything.

After a few minutes of silence he turned his head towards me.

"I would never hit you"

"I know"

"Not only would I not hit you,I would never hit any girl!"

I didn't know what to say,I didn't know Justin all to well but I believed him.

He lay back on the grass looking at the sky.

"I would never turn into him" I looked down at Justin,he seemed troubled.

"Who?"

"My dad" I held my breath. Was I about to find out something about his life?

I was.

"He used to hit my mom,beat the shit out of her and when she couldn't take any more he hit me."

My eyes started to water.

Justin's eyes never left the sky.

"One day I stood up to him,for me and my mom,you know what he did? He kicked me out. That's why I live here.

"My mom still lives there with him,but she seems happier,looks healthier. My guess is he doesn't hit her any more,because I'm not there.

"He never wanted kids so when he got rid of me he became happier. My mom,my mom still rings every couple of weeks to check in,she's the reason I have money,the reason I'm going to own my own line of hotels when they die"

He snapped his head so his eyes met mine.

"I could never hit you"

I lay down and rested my head on his chest and let out a sigh.

"I know"

******************

"There,done"

Sophie had helped me get ready,she curled my hair and leant me one of her 'over priced' dresses.

Jess was sitting on the bed painting her nails to match her dress.

She looked so cute in her knee length dress,which was covered in flowers. Her hair tied up in a bun,and her favourite one of my lip glosses on.

She was trying to impress mom. Which was impossible.

When we were ready we went down stairs. As we got to the end of the stairs I looked in the full-length mirror that was recently placed there.

I pretended not to notice how good I looked,or felt as we walked into the kitchen.

Justin had agreed to drive us over to my moms house.

After Jess and I got into the car,Sophie ran out.

"Here" she pushed my phone into my hands. I had forgotten about that.

"Taught you might need it" she ran back inside the house.

"Ready to go?" Justin asked getting in to the car.

"Ready as ill ever be" I muttered.

As we pulled up out side the house I got the shivers. Justin seemed to notice and put his arms around me,making me feel better,almost straight away.

"You don't want to do this,huh?"

I shook my head,no.

"It's okay,just act as dough your not interested and you will be fine,your mom still thinks your with me remember?"

"Yes" I said looking down.

"What's the matter Mia?"

I shrugged,how could I tell him I didn't want to pretend to be his girlfriend anymore,that I wanted to be his real girlfriend?

"You look great,Mia. Nothing will go wrong"

"I know,will you pick us up?" I asked hoping I didn't sound to eager.

"Of course"

I climbed out of the car,Jess following me.

"Do you love Justin?" Wow,kids pick up on lots of things.

"I think so"

My phone vibrated in my hands.

I looked down,a text from a number I didn't have in my phone.

THANKS PRINCESS,I THINK I LOVE YOU TO.

GOOD LOOK.

I turned back to look at Justin,who just winked at me.

He was not suppose to hear that.

I went red.

"Your on his side" I accused Jess.

She just giggled. I stepped forward,with my hands out and started tickling Jess.

We both broke into laughter,that's when the front door opened.

I expected to see my mom or her boyfriend at the door,but it wasn't them.

It was Jamie,from the hotel.

"Hi Mia,nice to see you again"