Chapter 14-getting a job

So it turns out all 3 girls really were sick. Who new!

It was lunch time and I found myself eating in the library instead of the music room for the first time ever.

The bell rang for class so I got up out of my chair. As soon as I got away from the table I was pushed up against a wall.

"So you and Justin Browne?" I looked back at Layla. She was the 2nd most popular girl at this school,she probably had her eye on Justin to.

I was about to say no but then I remembered,I was his pretend girlfriend. "Ye-" I was cut off by a blow to my stomach. She punched me in the stomach.

I never fought so people assumed I couldn't,but I could. The first punch was quickly followed up by a kick which left me on the ground gasping for air.

"That should be warning enough,stay away from him" With that she left and I stayed on the floor.

I stayed there,on the floor for the entire class. I got up for the next class though.

The rest of the school day flew by and soon I was walking towards the diner. They have had a 'help wanted' sign up forever.

When I walked in I grabbed the help wanted sign off the window and walked over to the counter.

"Can I help you?" An old lady said. 

I smiled at her. "Yeah,I was wondering if I could get a job here?"

Her eyes opened as wide as saucers. "Oh yes yes yes" was all she kept saying.

She brought me around to the back of the counter and threw a door.

"My granddaughter owns the place,so I can't give you the job but you work here, can you start right away?" I was surprised she was so eager to have me work here but I didn't mind since I need the job,bad.

"Sure" I said and she smiled at me.

She handed me an apron and sent me to the kitchen to do what ever the chiefs said. So I just cleaned everything.

After a few hours of cleaning dishes I took my apron off and thanked Mags-the old lady that gave me the job.

As I walked out the door I bumped into someone. She fell to the floor. I bend down to help pick her up but instead of taking my hand she screeched and waved her hands beside her head. I looked closer at the girl taking a mini fit. Great! It's Chloe,from school,the number 1 b*tch.

She got up on her own and stood in front of me."why were you in there!" She said with clear discussed on her face.

"I have her a job" Mags stepped in.

"You can't do that" Chloe said.

"Ah,well, she's really good at cleaning,we could use her" she said smiling at me.

"Whatever!" She said storming past me.

"Don't mind her" Mags said.

"I'll see you here the same time every day from Monday to Friday" she said still smiling.

Didn't it hurt that she was smiling so much?

I nodded and headed towards the door again.

"Mia!"  Chloe screeched.

I turned back to see her holding a bucket of water. "Don't just stand there,help me" I walked over to her and reached my hand out to help her but she dumped it over my head.

I looked back up at her to she her smiling sweetly just past me.

Justin.

Justin stood there with his hole football team. Laughing at me. I looked at Justin and he was breaking his heart laughing at me.

I got up and ran past all of them,tears threatening to pour down my face. I ran back to that house and straight up to my room.

I grabbed clean cloths and a towel and went to take a shower. Once I was in the shower hot water poured over my already wet hair. The tears came out strong and I just stayed there for a while.

Crying.

I couldn't believe Justin laughed at me,I was starting to think we were becoming friends.

****************

I woke up to Jess's laugh and I smiled. Then last night came back to me and I was angry again.

I had stayed in my room after I got out of the shower just in case I saw Justin,if I had of seen him I would have hit him over the head with something really hard.

I put on my usual baggy cloths and went down stairs.

James insisted he brought Jess to school,he didn't ask me though,he asked Justin in front of me. I would love to know what his problem is.

I walked past Justin bumping shoulders along the way.

I was extremely angry with him and yet here I was just after bumping shoulders with him and still getting all tingly!

I headed towards the front door.

"I'll give you a ride to school" he said

"I'd rather walk" I said looking back over my shoulder in disgust.

How can someone be so nice to you one minute and horrible the next. I will never be able to understand it!

I slammed the door closed and walked down the garden and headed towards school.

Half way down the road Justin's car pulled up beside me.

He rolled the window down and kept driving slowest beside me. I refused to look at him.

"Come on,get in, I'm sorry!"

I stopped walking and faced him. He continued. "I was with all my friends,they would of laughed at me if I had of helped you" I laughed,I actually laughed.

He looked back at me confused. "You were afraid they would laugh at you," I said wiping the tear from my eye and looking at him again.

"Really,you were afraid they would laugh at you,that water was the second time yesterday your 'friends' attacked me yesterday and you were afraid they would laugh at you." I screamed at him now "I taught for a little while that you weren't really the person I hated a couple of weeks back,I taught you really were a nice person two days ago or something"

"And now" he asked.

"And now, I hate you" I said and walked away from him.