Another Family member

Chapter four

It was afternoon and the whole Halstead family could leave the hospital. Aaron was exhausted so Erin carried him to the car, beside her was her husband with Amelia on his arms, she just wanted to be carried and Jay couldn't say no. On the right side to Erin was Voight carrying things from the family of four and on Jays side there was Melanie walking. She believed that she bonded with Erin and Erin had agreed that she could stay, with a few conditions.

No drugs

No alcohol

Cure-few was ten o'clock

Melanie agreed, she never drunk or took drugs. She was a good student but they hadn't has enough money for having enough to eat.

"There's a lot to do Jay!" Erin told him. He looked at her and he nodded, she meant the things with Melanie. They had to have a talk, a long one.

Erin and Jays car where still on the spot he had parked the car the night before. So Voight helped them loading everything in.

"Call me if you need anything!" He said as he left for his own car.

"Will do!" Both Erin and Jay said and got back in strapping the kids to their booster seat.

"I will sit with the kids. You can go to the front." Erin said and climbed in. Everyone got in and after everyone but on their seatbelts Jay drove off home.

After a good ten minutes' drive Jay turned into the driveway of their house. They had bought a house after Erin was pregnant with Amelia and they needed to have more space. The house was near the police department and a few blocks away was Voight's house.

Win to win. Jay slightly remembered the discussion they had.

"Come on Jay, you know it as much as I know it. This place is getting cramped and we have a forty-five minutes' drive to the precinct." Erin almost yelled. Her hormones where driving her crazy and she needed space they didn't had. They were up on the intelligence floor as Erin began talking about the apartment.. "You are right honey. We will look tonight for other places, okay?" he asked her. He knew from experience that it was better to so what she said. She nodded and Voights door opened. "What did I tell you about fights at work? Anyways, a couple blocks away from my house were built some new houses. Maybe you want to look at these." He said. He didn't wait for an answer, just turned around and closed his office door.

Jay parked the car and got out. He opened the door behind the driver's seat and got Aaron out. With one hand he walked around the car and got his daughter out. Erin climbed out from behind and took Amelia from him.

Jay opened the back and wanted to pack the things but he couldn't.

"Melanie, would you mind?" He asked her hoping she would help.

"Yeah, no problem." She said while packing the things and walking to the wooden door.

Jay shut the back and locked the car. With Aaron on his arms he took the key and opened the front door. He let Erin in and the Melanie.

"Home sweet Home" he said closing the door behind him.

"Make yourself at home. We will take the kids upstairs to their room." She said walking up the stair with Jay behind her. "Where should we put Melanie Jay?" She asked, he didn't think this through. She wasn't mad at him, she was mad at Bunny for not telling them. Mad at herself for not realizing that sooner, that she had a sister.

"I don't know. I'm sorry baby, I should have thought about it first" he apologized to her honestly. They arrived upstairs and Erin and Jay entered the kids room.