Kidnapping

Chapter Five

"Attorney office Miller& Brown, Katie Todd speaking. How can I help you?* Jay was calling their lawyer.

"Hello Mrs. Todd. My name is Jay Halstead. Could I please speak with Mr. Brown?" He asked friendly and she put him through.

"Brown."

"Hello Daniel, its Jay." he greeted the older man on the phone.

"Hi Jay, what can I help you with? I hope you don't want a divorce." He said

"God no, I don't want to divorce. It's about something else. My wife and I wanted to fill full custody for Melanie Lindsay. Erins sister." Jay said and was greeted with silence.

"Let me look a minute. I've got space for you in an hour. If you want you can bring the kids." Daniel said. He couldn't nor wanted to speak about that on the phone. "That should be good. Thank you. We will look with the kids. What's with Melanie?" Jay asked in return.

"I would prefer to talk with you at first." Daniel said. They said goodbye and hung up. They would have to go in around forty minutes.

"Erin, Can I talk to you for a second?" He asked as he entered Melanies future room. Both women sat on the ground with paper and pens. Jay could see the outline of the room and some colored walls. From what he could see it would be a beautiful room for a teenage girl.

Erin got up and together they talked outside the room. "Daniel gave us an appointment in an hour. This alright?" He was sure she would say yes but he still asked her. They did decisions together as a married couple.

"Yes. What's with the kids?" She asked, their nap would be over soon.

"He said we could bring them with us." He said and Erin nodded.

Emily went back to Melanie and Jay was going to wake up the kids as his phone rang. It was Voight.

"Hank?" He asked. He didn't expect him to call.

"Jay, you have to come. It's Nadia. She got kidnapped." Hank said and Jay was shocked. How should he tell that Erin? They were close and Jay was sure it would break her heart.

"We will be there as soon as possible. We have to bring the kids." He said and Hank agreed. Now came the difficult part. Telling Erin.

"ERIN!" Jay almost yelled.

"Don't shout like this Jay. The kids are asleep." she said and glared at him.

*Erin, its Nadia. She got kidnapped. We have to go." he told her and he saw her gasp. Slowly he saw how tears began trickling down her face. He sat her down on the bed and started to make himself and Erin ready. Nadia was like a sister to Erin.

"Melanie, could you look after Erin? I have to wake up the kids. We have to go to the precinct." He told her as she entered the master bedroom. She nodded and sat on the bed beside Erin. She slang her arm around Erin and just held her. Melanie didn't know what happened.

Jay prepared the kids as fast as he could and packed some stuff they would need. He hushed the kids and Melanie outside in the car with Erin on his side. Erin sat in and just starred outside the window. She couldn't believe it. Why would someone kidnap Nadia? Jay strapped in both kids and Melanie sat in the middle between Aaron and Amelia. Jay got onto the driver's seat and he connected his phone with the car. He dialed the number of his lawyer.

"Daniel, it's me Jay, We have to cancel. We've got an emergency." He said and Daniel understood. Jay ended the call and put on the sirens and the lights to be faster. They arrived at the precinct ten minutes later. Normally they had a good 20 minutes' drive.