Tragedy

So, this is the end. The last chapter of Loving Family! I didn't mention it often. I own nothing! I only own Melanie. She is the creation of my own mind!

This one is for one of my bestiies! LY! StarsAndStripes1611

Chapter Fourteen

The week started like every other week. They dropped the kids off at the CPD daycare, Melanie stayed at home with Erin and Jay had to go to work.

Meanwhile Erin had her doctor's appointment and got cleared for light duty. She was allowed to do almost everything but not busts or raids. Erin was lightly pissed off, but she couldn't change the situation.

Erin told Jay the happy news and sat back down on her chair. She began to work on the case they had become. Some slump truck driver crashed into a group of five people. Nothing that made it IU relevant but the driver was a local criminal and he drove off after he shot one of the group he crashed into. Jay had begun to watch the surveillance videos. Erin was checking the criminals file and the files from all the victims. Hank was in his office doing god knows what. Probably things he always did and no one knew.

"You want to head out for lunch?" Jay asked his wife. "I already go with Melanie. But you can accompany us." She said while Jays mobile phone rang.

"Jay Halstead"

"Hello Mr. Halstead, its Amanda Heyse. The owner accepted your offer, so congratulations the house is yours!" The sales woman that had made the tour said. Jay almost dropped onto the floor.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Heyse!" He said and hung up. Erin gave him a questioning look.

"Baby, we've got the house!" Jay said and Erin screamed shortly. This house was perfect. Jay swung her around, gave her a kiss and took her into his arms. Hank opened the door with questioning eyes. They never did commotion and PDA like this. Erin saw Hank and smiled instantly brighter. "Hank, we got the house!" She said and Hank congratulated them. Antonio and Ruzek were questioning witnesses from the latest case. Alvin just came back upstairs and Nadia too. "Erin, Mel is waiting downstairs." Nadia said and Erin went downstairs so the two of them could go to lunch. Jay had to work on the surveillance videos. Nadia and Mouse also left the station. They weren't a couple yet. Just going out on dates.

Meanwhile on the other side of the district building. The cables were old and broken. They wanted to repair it but weren't able to call an engineer just yet. No one calculated the risk of a fire. No one thought about this possibility.

At one fifty five the cables sparked and set some pallets on fire. The fire transmitted fast to the other side of the building and people, police officers screamed and run. No one was doing like protocol. Some tried to but the panic was too big. It reached the common room and the whole part of the back-building was now on fire.

Firehouse 51 had a nice shift till now. Easy calls and a lunch break. Till the call came over the transmitter that let blood freeze.

Truck 81, Squad 3 and Ambulance 61. Fire at Police Station

No one knew how big it was, just that they had to do fast. They were family, they had family over there. Mouch had Platt, Gabby had Antonio, Kelly had Lindsay even if they broke up a long time ago they stayed friends.

In record time they hopped into the vehicles and drove off. As soon as they arrived they saw the whole thing. It was tragedy, the whole back was on fire and meanwhile the front of the building caught fire.

"Everyone listen, first you try to get all the people out!" He said to his firefighters. There already arrived other trucks.

Chili and Sylvie stood on the side with their ambulance. They saw ambulances arriving from other houses and from Chicago Med. Sylvie got into the leader modus.