Fear of the unknown

Hello Guys! This is my second book in the Halstead Family Universe. It is my first time I am even doing a Book Series and it is my second fanfiction in the Chicago P.D Universe.

I hope that you will like what I have written.

Previously on Halstead Family,

"Hank?" Jay took the call.

"It's Aaron..."

Chapter one

"Hank, what happened?" Erin asked furious. Jay had made the call on speaker so she could listen too.

"I'm at the hospital, they don't really know what with him is." he told them honestly, he didn't even know by himself what happened.

"We are coming!" Jay just said and hung up immediately. He took Erins hand and together they ran to their car. They had to be there. Had to be there for their son, for their Family!

Jay drove on the speed limit with his sirens on. This would be getting problems but for once he didn't care. He would do anything for his family.

Jay drove to Chicago Med taking one of the Emergency parking spots they had for the cars.

Just as the car stopped Erin was out the car, already running to the desk.

"Aaron Halstead... Brought in tonight." she said panting but she had to know where he is. What with him is. The worst fear of her came true. One of her kids in the hospital without her or Jay by the side.

"Who are you mam?" the nurse asked, which was a big mistake. Never ask a mother with fears that question. But everyone knew she had to ask for security reasons.

"Goddamn, I'm his mother!" she yelled at the younger nurse, who jumped.

"Erin, slow, okay?" Jay asked her as he stood behind her at the desk. He took her into his arms so she leaned in his side.

"Erin and Jay Halstead. We are looking for our son Aaron Halstead." Jay said calmly. Erin didn't know how he could be so calm but she really was glad that he was. She probably wouldn't get any information about Aaron when she acted like a mother lion protecting her child.

"He still is with the doctor. I will bring you to his grandpa." the nurse said and stood up. She walked from behind the desk to the parents and mentioned them to follow her. She was young, brunet and small. Her hair was long and she wore the typical nurse dress. She probably came fresh from nursing school.

"Thank you." Jay said and together they walked through a door into a hallway with white walls and some chairs.

"MOMMY!" they heard a scream as they walked through another door. It was little Amelia that came running towards them. They could see that she was frightened. Frightened for her brother's life and not having her parents here.

"Mommy is here baby. I'm here." she said taking her up into her arms. Amelia adored her big brother, even if it just was a year that held them apart. Amelia snuggled closer to her mamma. Amelia was a typical mommy girl. Aaron was too. But Jay didn't mind. Erin was a wonderful Mother. He couldn't wish for someone else.

Jay took both his women into his arms and just hugged them. Trying to calm both down. Amelia was crying and he knew that Erin was crying too. It almost tore his heart apart to see them like this.

"Hank!" Jay said, taking both Erin and Amelia to sit down on one of the chairs.

"What the hell happened?" Jay asked him furious. He knew it probably wasn't his fault but it still happened and he was responsible for them.