Chapter 6 - Lunch

**WARNING: COURSE LANGUAGE**

Finally, it was lunch time! I hurriedly headed to my locker, I wanted to avoid the rush. When I got there I put my books away and grabbed a snack. I wasn’t very hungry, especially after having to stare at every single detail of an ugly vegetable. I began to walk to the spot that I found Pepper and her friends at earlier. As I was walking through the school I passed Christina and her flock. Of course, she saw me and whispered to her friends. I didn’t care, to me she was just another dumb blonde. I continued walking until I got to the soccer pitch, Pepper wasn’t there. Or any of them to be exact. Well, I might as well just sit down and wait. So I did. I then began looking around at what everyone else was doing. Suddenly I heard shouting coming from the basketball court to my right. It was some year 12 boys playing a game of basketball. It looked pretty full on. I was watching as one guy dribbled to ball down the court and suddenly it was stolen by someone with black hair, tan skin and nice legs. You have got to be kidding me? Is there one thing that guy can’t do? Tre dribbled the ball up the court, avoided a few of the defenders and shot a 3 pointer. I smiled to myself. Suddenly all of his team mates wooed and cheered him on, giving him high-fives and those weird guy hugs when they grab hands and bang chests. He kept looking around to see who else may have seen his amazing shot. He looked in the other direction and then coincidently in mine. Suddenly we locked eyes, I looked away. He was far too perfect. I began to eat my packet of chips, hoping to God that he wouldn’t shout my name again. I decided to look up, just to check. But he wasn’t there. Suddenly I heard someone beside me.

‘Hey’ said a sexy voice. I turned and saw Tre. ‘I see you were watching the game…’

‘Uh, yeah. I guess… I mean when…’ I was interrupted

‘When you saw me with the ball?’ He smiled. I decided to change the subject.

‘So why aren’t you still playing?’

‘Well, because I saw you…’ He sat down next to me. I wondered if he was doing it on purpose. For goodness sake… it was only the first day.

‘You hardly even know me…’ I said quietly.

‘Well, then, why don’t you tell me more about you?’

‘After you tell me, about you.’ I smiled.

‘Wow, are you always this difficult?’ He laughed.

‘I don’t know…’

‘Well, I like it. I make’s me want to know more about you…’ I looked at him waiting.  ‘Fine, I’ll talk about me. Well, I’m 17, um… I have a dog called Rusty, I’m the captain of the A grade Lions basketball team, I have 2 older brothers and I like watching movies, well, good ones anyway.’

‘Wow, that pretty impressive, being Captain’ I smiled.

‘I guess, it does get a bit boring after a while. But it is definitely a privilege’. I wasn’t really listening to what he was saying, I couldn’t stop looking at his incredibly attractive face.

‘Well, I don’t really know what to tell you. Um… I’m 15, I play netball, I enjoy singing and playing the guitar, uh… I like drawing and watching movies too.’ I smiled. We actually had something in common. ‘And I don’t have any siblings.’

‘Cool. I can’t wait to hear you sing!’ He smiled as he laid out stretching his nice legs on the grass.

‘Who says you’re going to hear me sing?’ I smirked.

‘I do. Sing for me.’ He joked with his eyes closed.

‘Um… no.’ I don’t just sing for anyone, it’s embarrassing.