Chapter 12 - Early Morning

(P.S. I have updated the end of Chapter 11! So if you have already read it you may need to read it again, sorry!)

**TRE'S P.O.V.**

Beep, beep, beep. Went my annoying alarm. It was Monday morning, the start of week three. Damn, I just wanted to sleep in a little… I reached over and fumbled to grab my phone. Once I got hold of it I pulled it towards me and pressed the dismiss button. Even after two week’s Mum’s new idea of me having a wakeup call is driving me crazy. And it’s all because I was late to school a couple of times last year. It wasn’t my fault, I was just so tired after staying up so late. But no, like mum, she just had to intervene. I then slowly managed to pull myself up out of the soft, warm sheets and step out of bed. It was hard, but I did it. I stood there for a second temporarily blinded until my eyes adjusted to the bright light shining in through my window. I stepped a little to the side and looked into my full-body mirror. My hair was extremely messy and my red boxers had creases in them. I sluggishly walked over to my draws and changed my undies. I couldn’t see my uniform anywhere so I headed down to the laundry. Mum must have washed it last night. I then chucked my undies in the basket and grabbed my uniform off the clothes horse. I headed back into my room and got changed into my ‘formal’ uniform, even though I was tempted to just wear my sport’s one. I then walked back out and into the bathroom to go the toilet, then when I had finished I began to style my hair with some gel and put on some deodorant. After that I walked out into the kitchen, got myself some cereal and sat at the dining table. I seriously loved the peaceful mornings without my parents around, I didn’t have my dad talking to me about work and my mum giving me orders. It was just nice waking up with them already at work, having them both stress me out in the morning was not my idea of fun. 

After I had finished my breakfast I watched some T.V., usually I just watched the comedy and sports channel. Sometimes the news if I felt I was behind in the current affairs. After watching my good half-an-hour of television I went back into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Personal hygiene is important to me, most of my friends don’t really understand why, but then again, they could have more girls chasing them. I then quickly grabbed my bag and brought it into the kitchen stuffing some snacks and a big sandwich that my mum had made into it. I hurriedly swung the bag over my shoulder and grabbed my car keys off the counter. I then speedily walked towards the door, opening, shutting it and locking it again from the outside. I walked towards my car which was parked on the side of the road and unlocked it, chucking my bag in the back. I then hopped in the driver’s side and started the car. I began to think of the day ahead, of Sylvia. I had already been thinking about her all morning but I just couldn’t seem shake her from my mind. She was my everything. My closest friend. And if our relationship continues to grow strong, I could probably take it a step further… I then cautiously turned out onto the road, making sure no cars were coming.

I then followed the usual route to school, stopping at a few red lights every now and then. At the last one before my destination, I remembered my idea from the night before. I was going to introduce Sylvia to my mates. If she was okay with it, that is. I had to remind myself how shy she truly was with strangers. I had to though, it was my duty. All my friends had been nagging me for ages to do it, especially Ben and Frank. I think it was finally time to stop keeping her to myself. It was finally time to let my two different worlds meet, or simply collide, and shatter into a million pieces. The future of both those worlds are in the palm of my hands.