Chapter 3

The next morning appeared and Chloe still didn't know what to think of the bet. Maybe it was a bad idea but she can't blow it off now. Her brain was telling her it was a bad idea because she and Stacie weren't really on the same level. Stacie would probably see it as just a kiss which will lead to her victory plus money but to Chloe, the kiss would be more than that. Way more.

Plus she doesn't know how she will flirt with Beca. It's not like she hasn't done it before but those actions were impulsive. Chloe realises her luck of being a good flirt instead of being socially awkward. She knows Stacie for more than a year now and it's safe to say everything (or everyone) she does looks like planned. Yet it turns out to work everytime for her.

Still thinking about all of it when she spots Jesse sitting inside the coffeebar. Normally she wouldn't see him since she comes her almost every morning. Chloe had met him briefly, knowing he was with Beca at the aca initiation party. She was wondering what he was to Beca and she wants to know more about him too since he's a treble.

'Jesse?', she aks carefully while walking towards him with her coffee cup in her hand.

'Chloe. Hi, it's nice to see you again. Please have a seat'

Chloe smiled, gladly taking the opportunity. She was now facing him. His eyes didn't look blurry this time.

'I'm sorry for being weird last time. Happens when I'm drunk...'

'Happens to everyone', Chloe waved it off.

'How's Beca?', Chloe asked. She thought Jesse would know more, last time she saw the brunette was at rehearsals the other day.

'Good I guess. I am good too, thank you for asking', he chuckled.

'That was going to be my next question. I swear', Chloe smiled. 'So how do you know her?'

'We're friends. I have known her for a couple years, we were both seniors and both decided to go to Barden. '

'Glad she has friends. She doesn't look like the type of person to...well you know what I mean'

'Got it', he chuckled, showing his adorable smile. He said they were friends but you know how it goes with boy and girl friendships...Chloe can't blame Beca if she hasn't fallen for Jesse yet.

'She has you too you know. She thinks you're very kind and other things. That's a good start and trust me, not many people get that start', he winked.

Chloe took time to take in what Jesse just had said. That really is a good start and she was wondering what those other things were.

'You have a great voice by the way, noticed at the auditions. Too bad you're a guy', Chloe softly smiled at Jesse.

'Thank you Chloe. I can understand why Beca likes you. Too bad I've never heard you sing'. Jesse actually pouted.

'You'll hear soon enough', she said. It was true, she didn't lie. She didn't lie in general but this was true. The Trebles and Bellas were mostly against each other in singing competitions.

'I hope so. Sorry Chloe, I have to go but I enjoyed talking to you', Jesse said.

'I feel the same. Catch up later', Chloe said while she stood up. Her last sip of the coffee was cold.

'Defenitely'. Jesse put on his vest but turned around. 'By the way, to make things clear, I had a crush on Beca back in senior year. It didn't went further than one kiss. So nothing to worry about'

Chloe blinked. Of course she was glad he said this. But how can he know she likes Beca? She doesn't even know herself for sure. 'Who says I would worry?'