Chapter 12

It had been a week since the last time Beca talked to Chloe. That was in fact the time when Chloe waited up for her. Chloe respected her and wanted to give her space and time. But this was too much..too much space. They didn't even talk. 

The other Bellas could feel something was wrong too. But they never asked. Chloe felt like they think Beca or Chloe will tell them eventually. The pain or hurt was still here. Chloe doesn't know what she could do against it. Time is a proper solution for the both of them. But nobody ever tells you how you fill in times like that... 

She didn't think the hurt could get worse. Chloe felt ashamed of herself, this wasn't her. This was something so unlike her...but it still happened. It would get worse since she bumped into Jesse. 

Her contact with Jesse was gone too when Beca told her things were over. She didn't dare to face her. Beca was such an amazing girl, she doesn't someone who treated her like Chloe.  How can she face Jesse...she saw him entering the coffee shop. Apparently Jesse isn't mad yet...he has his huge smile on his face when his eyes catched hers. 

'Hi Chlo', he said and walked towards her. 

Chloe didn't know what to think...Beca should have told him right? They are best friends. Maybe his dorm was the place she went last night...that would be better than a bar or an other girl's dorm.  

'Hi Jesse', Chloe tried to act casual. 

'Beca told me Chlo before you are going to ask me. I should probably beat your ass for hurting her but I know you love her'

'Still do', Chloe quickly said. Luckily Jesse knows her feelings are real and genuine. Yes she hurted Beca but she didn't want to. The question she asked herself the past says was if she could change anything, if she would have done that. She doesn't know the answer...this way she had to got to know Beca and kissed her and had an amazing date. She would change the bet into non existent. Relationships develop out of genuine feelings for each other, not because of some stupid bet. 

She decided to tell Jesse how she feels. The contact between them wasn't what it used to be. They used to talk to each other, meet up in the coffee shop. Beca disapproved, she would say something about plotting something against her. Chloe would just laugh at her. But she knows Jesse and she knows he is a nice guy. She can tell him and he would listen and be there for her. 

'I am so stupid Jesse', Chloe started. 

'Come let's sit down first', he said softly. 'And to add, I am not saying you are not stupid because this mess....'

'I know...', Chloe sighed as she sat down on the opposite of Jesse. Chloe's hands were around her coffee cup. It felt warm, she needed something warm. The past days she felt nothing but cold and sadness. She needed something warm and something happy even when it was a little bit happiness. 'It really hurts. I can't believe I lost her...'

'She will talk Chlo. Maybe she will realise her own feelings too. But the fact that Beca doesn't want to talk could have something to do with:
a. her stubborn personality 
b. her 'trying to be cool and not let my feelings show' kind of person

c. or she really likes you and you hurted her and she tries to deal with it. 

According to me, I think it is the last reason', Jesse tried to smile. 

'I don't want to hurt her. When I made the bet with Stacie I didn't think I would stand a chance yet I didn't want Stacie to have her. But I took the chance and before I knew it, we became friends and became even closer...I couldn't say anything about the bet. I couldn't go back. Waiting for it to turn out like this, isn't good too but there is not a good moment.'