Chapter 15

Turns out, Chloe's hopes were officially gone. Beca's show was over and Chloe wanted to wait for her. She wanted to congratulate the brunette and tell her how great she did. Chloe felt so proud. But those feelings were soon to be replaced with different kind of feelings. 

For a second she thought she saw Beca in the crowd. She was standing near the bar. Unfortunately Chloe was right. Beca was standing there. The problem is, she isn't alone. The same girl from earlier was standing near her again. Chloe felt jealous. That girl has to get away from her Beca. 

Suddenly the girl pulled Beca towards her and pressed her lips against Beca's. Chloe doesn't  need to see more. She already knows there is no place for Beca and her anymore. But to make it this obvious, that was unnecessary and uncalled for. 

Chloe needed air, she needed to get away. She decided to go to her room. Nobody would be home, they are all here. That's perfect and exactly what she needs. A quiet place to cry. Apparently this is what she gets for trying. 

Her phone lit up. She received a text from Jesse: 'Too bad it didn't go according to plan but don't give up. You're the best'. It made her smile a little but that smile faded away thinking about Beca again...

In the meantime, Beca is looking for Chloe. She already talked to the Bellas. They all were very proud of her. She feels very lucky to have friends like them. All eyes were on her right now. Everyone was wondering who the new girl on the stage was. Backstage she received the best news ever. She gets to play once a week on a Friday night. That is a massive opportunity for her. Mr. Evans liked her performance. All of this...thanks to Chloe. She still needs to find her and thank her. Only no one knows where Chloe is untill Aubrey says: 'I got a text. Chloe says she didn't feel so good and went home'. 

Two hours later, Beca and the other girls went home. Beca went straight to Chloe's room. When she opened the door she saw Chloe laying under her blanket. To her surprise, Chloe didn't look so good.  According to Aubrey she didn't feel well but like this? This wasn't what she had expected. 

'Hey', Beca said softly while she sat down on her bed. 

'Hey', Chloe replied. Her voice cracked a little. 

'You okay?', Beca asks, she is a bit worried about the redhead. 

'Could be better but okay', Chloe tried to smile. 'Your show was the best Becs. You should be proud'

'Thanks Chlo', Beca smiled. She smiled while thinking about it. A certain moment appeared in her thoughts. While she was standing on the stage, playing her music, she saw all those people dance to her music. But one in particular was very special. Chloe was dancing and it was an amazing sight. Especially with the clothes she was wearing, very sexy. She can't even describe it...how Chloe's body moves smoothly along with the music...her music. It was so hot. 

'Mr Evans told me I get to play there every Friday night. He was very happy' 

Chloe threw the blanket off her to hug Beca. 'Thats amazing Beca! Wow!', Chloe's face was full of disbelief. This was huge for Beca. 

'And all of it thanks to you. How did you manage to get me on that stage?', Beca asked. 

'My aunt used to work for him years ago and whenever she was at the office and I had summer break, I would help her out. Like an internship or something. Mr Evans was always very grateful for the extra help so he still owned me one' 

'Why would you waste it on me?', Beca asked Chloe. Chloe shrugged, her eyes were avoiding Beca's look. She refused to look at her. 

A silence followed.