Chapter 11

From the start, Chloe had somehow expected this. She had pictured the regret she would have as well. The only thing she didn't think of, was how much it hurts. Not only her but Beca must be hurt too. This thing was so selfish and childish... playing with Beca's feelings isn't fair. You shouldn't do that anyone. 

She isn't mad at Beca, she is mad at herself. And at Stacie for telling Beca. Even Aubrey is sort of mad at her. Aubrey doesn't like Beca but she never would have expected this from Chloe. She was dissapointed in her. She even added: 'You had someone who made you happy, why would you start it the wrong way?'

Aubrey was right. She fucked up. Big time. No way Beca would let her be this close to her again. It already was a big achievement she got Beca this far. Beca loves her too and honestly that was the best feeling in the world. Only Chloe couldn't enjoy that feeling the fullest due to the guilt. Well that part is gone now but it wasn't any better. 

She wanted Beca back. That seemed hopeless though. Even talking to her, to tell her how sorry she is, looks impossible. Beca wouldn't let her near her. She could understand that. How could she be so stupid? Stacie had to pay for this. Standing up from her bed, she decides to go to Stacie. 

Luckily Stacie is alone in her room. The tall brunette turned around when she heard Chloe's footsteps. 'What have you done?', Chloe asked her when their eyes met. 

'Me?', Stacie sounded confused. 'I don't know what you are talking about Chlo!'

Chloe shut the door and walked towards her. Her finger pointing towards Stacie. 'You, you told Beca about our bet!'

'I didn't do that. Why would I?' 

Stacie noticed the angry and hurt expression on Chloe's face and it didn't dissappear. She tried the other way. 

'Chlo, we are bellas so we are basically sisters. You always say the bellas are a family. Why would I betray a sister? Such a friendly and kind sister though. I don't have a reason for that', Stacie said truthfully. 

'Family can be mean too', Chloe tried to say. Her arms were still crossed. 

Stacie just rolled her eyes at her. 'Come on Chlo. You don't believe that.'

'Fine', Chloe let out a deep sigh. 'Im sorry Stace. But who was it then?' 

'I honestly don't know but I can ask if you would like. I am also the one to blame in this. Based on you bursting into my room, I think Beca didn't take it so well...'

'No she did not...', Chloe said while her lips trembled. Before she knew it, she started crying. Stacie walked towards her and hugged her. She let her sob on her favorite shirt. 

'I don't know what to do Stace. I want to make things better but I don't know how. We were so stupid....'

'I realise that too Chlo. I am sorry, I never wanted this to happen. I want you to be happy', Stacie said while she brought her thumb to Chloe's cheek to wipe away her dried tears. 

'The guilt was killing me...this was going to happen sooner or later', Chloe sighed. 

'You have to give her time so she can think about all of it and of your explanation. Maybe it will make sense to her later.'

'I hope so', Chloe tries to smile but she didn't manage. That was one of the rare times where she wasn't able to smile. She usually smiles, it wasn't hard for her. The world needs happiness, was something she would say. 

----------------------------------------

As soon as Beca went out of Chloe's room, she went to Jesse's dorm. Which means she had to walk in the rain again but she didn't care. Nothing matters right now. She was wondering how the girl she trusted so much, she shared things with her, things she never told anyone. She felt stupid for letting herself fall for her...to expose herself and for what? For love? Love always hurts. She should have known it. Nobody warned her, Jesse was all about going for Chloe. Well she would tell him right now how wrong he was.