1

". . . . I love you because you are helping me to make of the lumber of my life not a tavern but a temple out the of the works of my everyday not a reproach but a song. . . ".". . . you have done it without a touch without a word without sighing u have have done it by being. Your self perhaps that's what being a friend after all."

by: Roy Croft

ROC's POV::

   My long thoughts. I brushed my hand across my face and stood up thinking about my next move Just before my grandfather called me down stairs to the second floor. "yes" I replied meeting with him face to face.

"here, I want to give you something" he hands me a brown wooden box that has a gold plack that reads "Chresanto August ||"
I questioned him.

"It was your father's" he opens it. "It's a key. . . . he was going to give it to you before he passed. . . .

I thought... what does it open?

grandad: that the mystery. . . . You have to figure it out later in life. The answer is going to walk right in front of you. You might be surprised as to what it unlock, but in the mean time can you throw some more wood in to the fire please?"anything for you!" I answered.

I run outside for some more wood after putting the golden key in my pockets. when you returned back in the house grandad was knocked out sleep with droll hanging out his mouth. I threw the wood in the fire and set and watched it blaze. even though we stay one temperature we like it for decoration. I pulled the key. What does he mean I'll be surprised? I hate sleep as well, dreaming . . . . . . . . Dreaming of having my old life back.