Chapter 5 - Third time nails it, right?

Read, comment, vote - thank you.

Chapter 5

"Are you ready, Madison?" Jenna called from the living room. I breathed in and out. I was afraid to leave my room. It was Friday night and we were going to Tiffany's party. Jenna told me I should just have fun. I hadn't spoken to Joe. I just didn't have guts to do it.

"I'll be in a minute!" I yelled back and shook my head, falling back on my bed. I stared at the ceiling for a while and then pushed myself up. It's just a party, I told myself, You've been to those before. I had been to a party two times, to be exact. This was going to be my third time.

I opened the door and stepped in the hall. Jenna ran to see me and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Madison, you look beautiful!" She smiled and rubbed her forehead. "Where did you get that dress?"

"My mom bought it for me," I said and grabbed my tiny purse that had my phone and lip gloss in it. "Shall we?"

Jenna nodded and took her jacket. She was more of a rock star while I was a pretty little innocent princess as I was wearing a shiny pink dress. But it wasn't too fancy, fortunately.

I locked the doors and walked next to Jenna. She had asked her brother to take us to Tiffany's. Charles was cool. I remember the times when we played together in Jenna's garden. Hide and seek couldn't be more fun.

We arrived at Tiffany's house, but it was more of a mansion. I rolled my eyes and exiled. Jenna got out and I followed her. People were everywhere, the music was playing loud, there were already those who were too drunk and making out with random people. Typical party. Didn't people know how to have fun without alcohol?

"I'm thirsty," said Jenna and grabbed my hand. She dragged me through the crowd in the kitchen where the drink were. "Sprite, just what I wanted."

She took the bottle of sprite and asked me to follow her to the back yard. Only a few people were there. I sat on the chair behind the table and rested my head on my hands.

"We just got here and you're already tired?" Jenna was surprised. She landed across of me and took a sip from her Sprite. I groaned and rubbed my eyelids.

"It's boring," I whined and looked at her. She was winking at some dude I didn't even know and I was pretty sure she didn't know him either.

"Then go somewhere and do something fun," she shrugged. "Like, for example, and I'm just saying, go skinny dipping."

I sent her a death glare and shook my head. "I'm not getting naked in front of those people. Jeez, Jenna. Who do think I am, a playboy bunny?"

"I would say a moron, but a playboy bunny is fine," she threw her hands up in surrender.

I glanced around and saw a familiar car. Joe was here. "On second thought, maybe I should go," I said and thought, And hide myself. I left Jenna alone at the table an rushed inside. I ran upstairs and found an empty room. I moved closer to the window and looked outside. I could see Jenna from up there. I opened the window and sat on the seat.

"Hey Jenna!" I yelled and waved when she looked up. But instead of getting a big smile from her, I got a grimace and her gesturing for me to back away. Then I noticed Joe walking towards the table where Jenna was. I stepped back and dripped over something. "Damn!" Next thing I knew I was on my butt on the floor.

The door burst open and angry Howard came in. I turned around with eyes wide open. His fists were clenched and he didn't even seem to care I was right there. Or maybe he didn't pay attention, either way something was extremely wrong. The bloody spot on his knuckles caught my eyes. My mouth fell open. He sat on the bed and buried his face in his hand. He was a mess.