Chapter 13

Chapter 13- Broken mirrors

Angus; P.o.V

‘Never mind ill find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you too

Don’t forget me I beg I remember you said

Sometimes it lasts in love,

But sometimes it hurts instead’

I hum these lyrics as I begin to pull my pants on, thinking about what’s going on. I find my shirt and slip it over my head; I get stuck a little but correct myself and get my tight shirt on without any more trouble.

I know he is standing outside the door; I walk over to the door and lean against it. I hum to myself a little more, hoping he can’t hear me outside, I begin to think about what’s going on, all the troubles that I’m causing and all the issues that has happened in the past week.

‘I wish nothing but the best

For you too’

I lean against the cold, hospital door and think to myself, how a 16 year old boy can cause so much trouble in such a short amount of time.

I open the door and there is my answer, love is why I have caused so much pain and hurt to others lately, even though it was stupid to love him I couldn’t stop. I enter the hall way and see him standing there, looking down the hall like a guard, my guardian, my brother, my lover, my Justus.

“Hey cutie,”

He looks up and sees me smiling at him,

“Well you don’t look so bad yourself.”

“Ha-ha funny Justus, so where are we going?”

“Not telling you, it’s a surprise!”

“I hate when you say that Justus.”

“Oh well! too bad Gus. I aint telling you shit.”

He grabs my hand and begins to drag me down the hallway. I fight against his hold as good as I can, but of course I fight in vain.

*    *    *    *

He gets me into his brand new black Porsche 911 Turbo; it looks beautiful shining there for all to see. Lucky he has so much money, he wouldn’t be able to do what he does without it.

“So, why do you have this car Justus?”

“Got it from daddy, you know business is booming at the moment. So I get a new car.”

The rest of the car ride was silent; I played with the radio or played with my phone. I wish he told me where we were going?

We drive past a sign saying ‘Lennox Point 2km’

I see that and know exactly where we’re headed, were going to the place where it all happened.

Justus is taking me to the accident; I felt like it had finally hit me, I had never been sad about it. I miss my parent’s everyday but I couldn’t be sad for something I know I could never get back, I’m smart enough to be happy about their life, I miss them all the same.

So, what is he doing here? Why would you bring me here, out of all places why here? Maybe he is being smart, maybe I need this. No, I don’t need this, he is an idiot. A big stupid idiot, but he’s my idiot all the same.

The car pulls up this dirt road and I run out of the car, stumbling and grazing my hand while this hurt I shake it off. I keep running, nothing will stop me now, I reach the clearing. The salt air hits my face as I see the cliff face.

I don’t stop; I keep running towards the cliff. Nothing can stop me; nothing can stop how I feel. They died here and I couldn’t do a thing to stop it, I reach the cliff face and stand on the edge. The cliff is maybe 4 meters up; I feel the wind fly past my face before I know what’s happened.

Splash!

 I hit the water, feeling the cold rush as I sink under, a pulling feeling as I join my parent’s. I will see them soon.