chapter 2

Chapter 2 –This is my Black Charade

Angus

I’m lying on the couch wondering, what they’re doing in there?

“I bet she’s fucking him again! Hasn’t been up for more than 10 minutes and I can tell they are already at it! Ugh! Why do they have to always be like that? Why does she have to be dating my best friend? Like really, he was my best friend! Even when she still thought he was dog food!” I complain.

“I heard that you little shit! Why is it any of your business if I’m fucking your mate anyway? Oh is it cause you LOVE him is it Gus-gus? I bet that’s it little bro, its cause you want my man isn’t it.” Teases Jetta.

“Shut up Jetta,” Angus yells

“Oh come on you know I’m kidding! Hey are you ok bro? You know I’m always here for you and love you deeply right?” Jetta says all sweetly almost sounding like a creepy old flower shop lady.

“Yeah I’m still a bit freaked out. It was mum’s birthday of all days. Why Jetta, why them? Why couldn’t it of been me instead? No one wants me and no one needs me. But I need them and you have Justus I have no one.” I weep into the tissue next to the bed.

THUD!

A smudge of blue and black is all I see. Next thing I know Justus is sitting next to me smiling his little heart out.

Jeez! Why is it that his hair is always has that perfect flick to it and his eyes are always shining like emeralds?’ I wondered silently to myself.

“For fuck’s sake you scared the shit out of me man!” I yell at Justus, who is laughing his ass off.

Justus pushes me onto the couch and tries to kiss me, jokingly, while saying, “Naww, don’t you love me Angus? Don’t you wanna kiss me?”

Laying there I took a look at him, wondering, ‘What it would be like to… Shit! What am I thinking? This is my best friend! I shouldn’t be having any thoughts like that!

I push him off and give him a massive bear hug. “Yeah man, totally, I know you are down but cheer up! It will be better. At least you’re living with me. And think, most of the time we’re by ourselves since mums working all the time and dads in the core for a while longer so we can have fun here.’ Justus says gleaming at us twins.

“Oh, I got the best idea! In two Months mum’s going to Nimbin, fucking stoner parent! So how about we have a party to cheer you bums up a little.”

“Oh man that would be amazingly epic!” Jetta and I chime together.

“So, a party it is!” Justus grins happily.