chapter 5

Chapter 5- school is for the lost and broken

Angus

We arrive at school a few minutes before the bell, most people are inside the school dreading for the bombard of ringing noises that announces the beginning of the end (class time). Even the mer thought of sitting in Mr Brewers’ maths class room makes me feel sick.

A small girl with blonde hair that reach’s down to her enormous plastic tits struts over to my group.

“oh I didn’t know they let you freaks back here. I don’t know what’s worse? That your melodramatic freaks that cant even dress properly or that your parents allow you to dress like like.” She glares at jetta envious that my sister got her ex boyfriend.

“What the fuck did you just say Rebecca? I will end you. If you ever come anywhere near us ill cut you in your fucking plastic jugs your 5 cent slut.” Larrisa comes to punch Rebecca before a tall boy approaches he has big muscles, short surfer blonde hair wearing a black skin tight shirt with the words ‘hot stuff’ printed across his chest and orange skinny cut off. Of Corse it’s none other them Jamie Mathews, that most popular boy in school and Rebecca’s new pet.

“Now that isn’t nice Rebecca. Say sorry, you shouldn’t be mean to people less then you.” Says Jamie while smiling right at me.

“I hope you’re alright angus.” He keeps smiling at me as he walks away with that slut of a girlfriend only a few steps behind him.

“Wow there goes the scum of the earth right there; I can’t believe I dated that.” Justus glances down at the ground look so ashamed.

Buzzzzzz!

“oh yay now I have the dumb slut in math” complains jetta in her ‘kill me now’ voice.

“I think that was really nice what he said to me,” I start to walk off to my class when Justus comes up to me.

“What are you on about? he just as big a prick as she is. God I hate that stuck up air head. Who does he think he is anyway?” Justus walks with me to our first class.

“yay we have music.” I smile to Justus as I run into class and take the empty table at the front, right next to the piano. Justus walks over and sits down next to me. I look back and see many faces that mean nothing to me, all of them not even noticing us. Until I spot one person who connects eye contact with me.

It was Jamie, he smiles at me and mouths the words ‘im sorry’ to me. Mr Chance walks in and tell the class to be quite so we can get to prac. The class shuts up and he takes the roll, nothing of much interest happens until he comes to my name.

“ Angus Daniels” yells the teacher, “is Angus Daniels here”

“Yeah sir im here.” I just lower my head into my crossed arms and pretend to not be noticed.

“ Ok did I miss anyone’s names on the roll.” Asks the teacher.

“Yes sir you forgot mine.” The sound next to me made me jump; I had forgot Justus was even there. He’s so quiet and still when he’s in class you sometimes wonder if he’s one of those manikins in a shop window.

“and you are?” questions the teacher

“ Justus Carmen sir, I’ve been in your class all year.” He says, abit annoyed that he’s been forgotten.

“Oh im sorry Justus I didn’t notice you there. Ok well now that’s done you can go do prac.” While the teacher marks Justus here im already up and on my piano.

Ok well its not really my piano, but everyone knows I love the piano and no one else is interested in an old piano. Justus comes over and leans on the top of the piano waiting for me to do something.

“so what you gonna dazzle me with today mate.” Justus smiles at me, knowing perfectly well that I won’t play in front of him.

“why don’t you go bash the shit out of that drum kit of yours.” I poke my tongue out at him as he walks away.

He turns around and says “one day you will have to play for me Gus, you know it, I know it and so does your lovely old piano there.”

“never gonna happen.” I just sit there as he walks out of the room.

I look round and see there is no one in the room, I begin to play. I start to sing a little and then out of nowhere.

“Rahhhh!” Jamie appears from behind the piano and scares me so bad I fall back off my chair and onto the ground. Im hurt and embarrassed but I wont let Jamie see that, not the most popular boy in school. He would think I was a faggot for crying.

“oh shit im sorry gus, are you alright.” Jamie runs over and grabs hold of me and lifts me up into his embrace.

I kind of am in a daze and don’t realise im hugging Jamie till I go bright red, jump back and say “ fucking hell im sorry I shouldn’t of done that.”

“What are you on about I scared you and you’re apologising to me. Why?” Jamie asks while slowly moving towards me again.

He lifts his hand up and slowly rests his hand on my face. I shudder and am still in shock. ‘Why is he touching me? Why is the most popular guy in school, talking to me and checking if im alright?’ I think to myself.

“I um. Um what are you doing? And I was just saying sorry for um I don’t even know. Ahhh!” I stop talking take a step away from him and just begin to walk out of the room.

“it’s ok if your gay you know. I don’t mind that you hugged me.” Jamie calls as I walk out of the classroom and just go and sit in the senior area.

“why is it so hard for me to be round guy.

‘Im not gay, so why would he say I was. Is there something he knows I don’t. why did I hug him? And why do I keep having feelings and thoughts towards Justus. Hes my sister’s boyfriend and my best friend. Hes like a brother to me and I have liked him as a friend since we were 11 so why am I thinking like this?’ I think to myself and I realise something as im arguing to myself.

“oh my god I love him.” I say softly as a single tear runs down my face.