Chapter 9

Chapter 9- A Bloody Defeat

Angus P.o.V

I wake up, eyes slowly opening. I feel groggy and sick; I taste metal and notice the bright light above me shining in my face.

‘Where am I? What’s going on?’

I feel someone sitting next to me, he is staring at me. No he isn’t sitting he is laying; he is lying with his head on my bed. He seems very worried, not noticing I’m awake he begins to talk.

“I’m so sorry Angus, I wish I hadn’t of taken you so far. I know they say it’s because of some stupid pill, but I don’t believe it. Why would you be taking pills anyway? I wish you could wake up so I could tell you how I feel, Angus I wish you knew who it was I was in love with, maybe you wouldn’t ever talk to me again if you knew. I don’t want that but I don’t want to hurt you and cause things like this to happen. Even after all the doctors say I still say it’s my fault you like this.”

I hear him begin to weep, I dare to look up fully. He is facing the other way now, his head in my crouch I slowly place my hand on his head and play with his hair.

He looks up and he wonders if im awake or asleep, he slowly lifts his head up and looks at me, I can see the tears running down his face, they cause me to tear up.

I look at him and stroke his face, whipping away the tears and bringing him closer to me, I begin to stare at him when I realise something.

‘What am I doing? He’s straight; I don’t want to drag him down with me. I have to snap him out of this, I can’t hurt him but if I don’t then he will make me heart broken.’

I lower my hand and begin to sit up. Justus looks at me and puts his hand on my shoulder, stopping me and forcing me to stay still.

“ silly little boy, you cant sit up right now, the doctor says you need to be kept laying down by any means necessary. Would you like me to join you?” I am slightly confused, when I realise I am in a double bed.

I just nod and he stands up and walks round to the other side of the bed. He lifts me sheets up and goes bright red, I look down and realise im in one of those hospital nightgowns, you know the ones were your butt is totally exposed. I also realise that I am in nothing but my briefs; I give him a worried look.

He knows all too well I can’t stand being naked in front of people, except for him no one has even seen me in my boxers.

“I got everyone to leave and I undressed you myself, I hope that’s ok man. I know how much you freak when people see you in your boxers and I know you’re ok with me, I hope?”

I just nod again, scared to speak. I feel my mouth trembling, I look up at him with pleading eyes. Part of me wants him to join me and part of me wants him as far away from me as possible, but am I that selfish to have him or not.

I just gives me a sweet like grin and lowers the sheet, he must of seen my doubts in my eyes. I now feel both guilty and rejected, even though I partly wanted this.

He lays on the top of the sheets, lying next to me I realise I couldn’t get back to sleep without him in bed with me, I just feel so exposed and alone.

I push him off the bed.

Thump!

He sits up looking hurt, I know he didn’t hurt himself but his ego is probably a little sore. I lift up the sheets and motion for him to come join me.

His smile grows so big it’s the only thing noticeable, he sits up and begins to speak to me.

“I guess this should me you feel less uneasy.” Saying this he drops his pants and takes off his shirt. Crawling into bed next to me,  he lays there next to me. I still feel so far away from him, I long for him to be near me.

He realises this and scoots over so he is inches from me, I flip over so my back is to him, and he wraps his arm around me and pulls me close to him. I can feel him next to me, knowing he is glad to be with me I slowly rub back into him, he just lays there holding me.

I feel myself drift off into another deep sleep.

‘I hope this dream lasts forever.’

In the back of my mind I hear on the TV a song playing that makes me smile before I hit my blackness, the song is silly little love songs by glee.