Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Pains Heartaches

Angus; P.o.V

I run into the house and straight into Jetta, smashing into her and falling flat on my face. We roll round for a few seconds before I manage to stand up, I grab her hand and help her stand up.

She slaps away my hand and begins to walk off when I grab her arm, stopping her where she stands. She struggles and tries to escape me but I won’t loosen my grip. She turns and begins to hit me, smashing her fists into my chest.

One fist comes up and collides with my jaw line, I scream in pain as I tighten the grip on her. She hits me in the face again, ‘that’s it I’m over her and her shit.’

I throw her on the ground and pin her, holding her arms together so she doesn’t hit me again. She begins to throw herself around and scream at me, the tears in her eyes strike me like daggers.

“It’s your fault; it’s all your fault I’m like this. Why would you do this to me? How could you, your my twin, the only thing I have left, and you killed me, you have killed me Angus, I hope your happy with yourself.”

I let go of her, and she sends her fist flying into my jaw, I taste blood and begin to stammer, I fall off of her and she jumps onto me, laying into my face with her fists. I let her hit me as much as she wants, her screams breaking my heart more and more.

“Why Angus? Why? How could you do this to me, why arnt you hitting me back, why are you so good at everything?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about Jetta?” I scream at her before I get another fist to the face.

“Don’t play dumb with me Gus, you love him and he loves you. More than he loves me, he doesn’t love me anymore and it’s all your fault.”

I just stare at her and she tries to hit me again but I’m over this game of hers, I grab her fist and throw her off of me, sending her flying into the wall.

“sorry Jetta but it wasn’t my choice on who I love, it just happened, and what you think I haven’t been beating myself up all this time, well I have ok, I don’t need to have my own twin telling me what I already know, I’m dying inside knowing I’m hurting you. But what can I do, I love him, I truly love him, no one understands that I’ve always loved him, and I don’t expect you to understand but I just want you to forgive me some day.” I begin to leave when I hear this whimper escape from her lips.

“I know Angus, I have always known. I knew from the moment I met him that you loved him, even before you knew it. Angus I always knew that you were meant to be with him, but that doesn’t mean I don’t feel the pain from this.”

I see the tears swell in her eyes again; I pull in and hold her. Knowing that I’m the reason she is crying so much these days, holding onto her I hear her whisper in my ear.

“I’m happy for you Gus, You deserve him. But he doesn’t deserve you.”

I let go of her and give her a big smile and kiss her softly on the cheek. I just remember then what I had wanted to show her and why I had rushed in so quickly.

I dive into the pocket of the new jacket I got and pull out the box Justus got me, Jetta looks at me curiously.

“I want you to see what he got me, I’m not taking this as we are together but more like I’m something to him, tell me what you think?”

I pull out the beautiful necklace and Jetta’s jaw drops, she just stares at me with pure curiosity, and she goes to touch it but flinches back.

“That is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen Gus.”

Takes it out of my hands and places it on my neck, doing it up at the back. She then holds onto me, giving me one of those awkward backwards hugs.

‘I know Jetta is hurting but I think everything going to be ok.’