Chapter 1

Chapter 1 – All’s Fair When Loves a Whore

 Jetta

Echoing shatters of glass breaking is all I hear as I walk down the aisle. Pain is all I feel, a pain so strong and so sinister that no one knows it exists. As we lower the boxes into the final burial positions we wonder, what comes next? What happens to us now? Where will we go and who will care we exist?

So many unanswered questions, all I know is I’m glad I have my friends and my twin to help with my grief. If I didn’t have them I don’t know what I would do.

The drive back to Justus’s house was long and I regret him seeing me like this. I fell asleep in Justus’s arms, knowing that he would look out for me and protect me no matter what. Why wouldn’t he, after all he did love me.

Waking up in a bed I don’t know is a scary feeling, especially after everything that happened today. I wonder, where am I? Where are my friends? What’s going on? Most importantly, why is my face wet?

The door opens and Justus enters the room with a big grin on his face and a plate of my favourite things in the entire world, cherry flavoured pez, like millions of them.

“Wakey wakey sleepy head! You slept the day away and your twin has become restless waiting for you.” Justus says through that grin that just makes me want to hit him.

“Oh shush you, I’m allowed to be asleep after all of this drama I need a good sleep! Oh, and hey why is my twin restless? Shouldn’t you be entertainment enough, or do I have to do everything? I swear sometimes you all act like babies and I’m your bloody care taker or something” I complain while giving Justus a mega death stare.

Justus leaves after placing the tray on my lap.

“Stupid Justus and his ‘oh so perfect attitude,” I guess that’s why I love him so much though.