10

Grace's POV:

It was now Monday, my first day as my new self. I was slightly nervous, knowing my look would get attention.

No, I'm not really popular, but people seemed to take a slight dislike to me. I was just one of those people that others have seen or heard about but could honestly care less.

I laced up my old black Converse with ease, glancing in the mirror once last time before preparing for my walk to school. My outfit consisted of black skinny jeans and a Green Day band shirt. Though, I don't know all their songs, some of them seem pretty good.

I slipped on a few bracelets onto my left wrist and took out my gold earrings, setting them on my bedside table. I yelled a quick goodbye and I rushed out the door, hoping my parents wouldn't think anything of it.

The high school I went to wasn't far from my house, about ten minutes on a good day. When I arrived, I could feel people trying to be discreet while staring. I looked around for my friend group, making my way through the crowds.

"And yeah, so she just— Grace?" My friend Vanessa turned abruptly at my presence, checking over my physical appearance.

"Yeah.... I know," I said awkwardly, referring to the sudden change in style. "It's nothing, just revenge." I shrugged, smiling a tad when the other girls stared oohing and laughing.

"Revenge for who?" She pressed the topic further, smirking. I thought for a moment.

Should I even tell her about the thing with Shawn? Gabby still doesn't know what Shawn actually sent me.

"Just some guy who's a jerk. Nothing much," I laughed, hoping the subject would switch and move off my clothes.

She hesitated but slowly reached over and felt my hair, "Did you actually dye it?" I nodded, grinning a tad. "You look hot, don't worry." She smiled, letting go of my blackened strands.

For the remaining time we made light conversation till the morning bell chimed, welcoming us back in another day of hell.
The amount of stares and comments I already had received was incredibly high, and I couldn't decide between a few options of why.

Does my hair dye job look bad? Wait, did she accidentally get some on my skin that I overlooked? Dammit.
Or maybe it's weird because I don't typically go for this look? I don't know.

I tried my best to mind my own business as I walked to my locker, shoving my backpack on the main hook and set aside materials for my first class.

Sadly, Shawn was in this class— but maybe it could prove something. I held my folders close to my chest as I passed through the masses, stepping into the room two minutes before the late bell rings.

Shawn later rushed in with forty seconds to go, panting as he carelessly threw his papers to his desk and slid in to the seat before the teacher could walk in. He heaved a loud pant, trying to arrange his things quickly.

I expected a glance or mere stare in my direction throughout the class, but instead received nothing from the boy. It seems as if he was lost in his own world for time being of our fifty minute period.

However, at the end of class, his friend pointed back towards where I was sat and whispered, "Hey, who's the new girl?"

You would not believe the look that washed on to Shawn's face.

*****

im sooo sorry for no update and this one is literally trash
Should I do a character ask next week? I've never done one before so if enough of you guys wanted one please comment.
ALSO! I have a new book out! It's called Don't Worry I Bite :) it's Shawn btw
Thanks for the reads & support! Xx