3

Grace's POV:

I tried to call his name as I scurried down the hall, but he scrambled out of the school too quickly. He hasn't talked to me all day, but maybe he's just tired or something.

I dragged myself to my locker and slowly put in my combination. It was Friday and I was ready to get home and relax, which also could be why Shawn rushed out so quickly.

I opened my locker and like usual, my books fell off the shelves. Our school needs bigger lockers or something, I shouldn't have to struggle to get it shut.

I set my books from my previous class aside and starting cleaning up the mess from my locker. I grabbed my science textbook and notebook, shoving them into my backpack first because the teacher had given us homework on a weekend.
Again.

There were notes scattered at the bottom of the pile. I opened 2 out of the 3 and just decided they were probably all English Language Arts notes. I folded them all back up and put them in the cover of my language notebook.

I locked all my stuff back, then sped walk out of the school. I didn't feel like being in prison any longer.

Once I got home, I ran up to my room and texted Shawn.

Grace: hey are you okay?

Shawn: What? 

Grace: You were acting odd today i just wanted to make sure you were fine

Shawn: Wait you don't hate me?

Grace: Um, why would I hate you?

Shawn: After the note 

Grace: What note?

Shawn: oh never mind. I'm thinking of something else sorry

Grace: It's okay
Grace: Do you want to hang out?

Shawn: Are we still dating?

Grace: Yeah... Unless you don't want to

Shawn: No no I want to of course I just wanted to make sure you still like me

Me: Okay.... I'll be over in like 20 minutes okay?

Shawn: okay stay safe beautiful

-

I stopped replying but his last text made me literally melt. He's so sweet, I wonder why doesn't usually date people.

It didn't seem like it took that long to get to his house. I slowly knocked three times, waiting for a response. The door opened almost immediately, I guess he had been waiting for me.

"Hi," I smiled lightly and hugged him, breathing in his cozy scent. He barely mumbled a 'hi' before hugging me tighter. He slowly let go and took my hand, leading us up the stairs.

We flopped down on his bed and he wrapped his arm around my body, leaning against the wall for support.

"Did you do the homework?"

"Shawn?"

"Hello?" I waved my hand in his face by the third time and he snapped out of his thoughts.

"Huh?" He asked, trying to recall what I had said the first time.

"I asked if you did the science homework?"

"Oh, y-yeah I finished it. Did you?"

"Yeah."
"Cool."

The small talk we had reminded me of when we first started dating. It seemed like something was bothering him but he wouldn't tell me.

"I think I'm gonna get going... You seem to need some alone time." I tried to smile nicely but I just kissed him cheek and left. What is he hiding from me?

Shawn's POV:

My mind would not stay focused. What happened to the letter? Did she misplace it? Did someone else grab it?

Tell her.
Tell her.
Tell her about the note.
Tell her about the true bitch you are.
Tell her about the dare.
Tell her, you coward.

She tried to get my attention multiple times and I felt bad about it. But if I told her what was going on, I could loose her. Change that, I would loose her.

I can't loose her. She's amazing and I'm not sure why I never saw that. So, for now and maybe forever she'll never know the beginning of us was only a dare.