18

the moment you've all been waiting for...

Grace's POV:
two weeks later

"No! And he totally was kicked out of the game because of how many times he was in the penalty box from shoving me!" Shawn finished, making the rest of the people at our table laughed. I did as well, looking at Shawn's features. He was so adorable.

After Shawn told everyone we were dating, they stopped teasing me and him. Ian still said I was hot when I switched tables though, and that resulted in him receiving a black eye.

It only lasted a couple days, so none of us were very worried, nor cared a lot. He was fine.

It's been about two weeks and I don't think I could be any happier.

Everything that has happened is now in the past, and rarely brought up. I decided to move on from what he did, because everyone makes mistakes. He's grown up since that then at the beginning of the year, nearly six months ago.

As for the whole new look I was going for, it's starting to slowly fade its way back out of my life. I have still the black hair which I've grown to like, and my Converse. I wear those more than I probably should.

Shawn doesn't care about my physical appearance anymore, which makes me glad. Ian has moved on from calling me hot, along with Cam, who apparently liked me at one point. What an odd world it is.

Gabby is fine with Shawn now and has learned to tolerate him, even laughing with him sometimes. She's not going to be giving up the 'You hurt her I hurt you' thing for a while, though.

My grade in Mrs. Larenti's class is still an A. She saw us walking down the hall holding hands one time and told me she always thought we were cute together, and tried to use the term "ship".

Shawn's hooked on the honeymoon phrase, as some people call it. I find it adorable and hope it never ends, to be honest.

He snaked his arm around my shoulder as Phil told some other hockey story I couldn't bother to listen to. Shawn seemed interested, nodding in agreement and adding in comments every once in a while.

"I'm so glad I have you, so so lucky," He whispered, kissing my cheek twice. Ian made a gross noise, causing me to blush and Shawn to scoff.

"I don't see you with anyone, so back off," He reminded, making Ian roll his eyes. "I am with someone, thank you."

"What's his name?" Shawn asked, causing the entire table to crack up. Ian looked embarrassed but tried to shrug it off and continued eating the remains of his food.

"Who knew it would end up like this, honestly." I said as everyone went off on their own conversations, moving on from the joke.

"I knew," He replied, making me look up at him. "Just kidding. I thought one of us would ditch each other."

I shrugged. "I'm glad you reeled me back in, because if we broke up for good that would be terrible."

"I'm just happy we didn't."

"Do you think this was a mistake in the first place?" I asked, looking up at him.

He smiled and just shook his head.

"If this was a mistake, then this definitely turned into a beautiful mistake."

The End.