12

please comment questions on the character ask
Shawn's POV:

From: Grace
What do you want now? Thought the 'never speaking to each other again' was mutual.

I bit my lip, staring at the message and rereading it over a couple times.

Shawn: can we please talk?

Grace: We are right now, aren't we?

Shawn: texting, actually
Shawn: but never mind it. please, can we meet up at the froyo place?

Grace: So you can make a fool of me again? No thanks. If you haven't noticed, I'm kind of done with your shit.

I felt a slight pang in my chest, the memory of her appearance before and after popping into my mind.

Shawn: no. just twenty minutes, please?

Grace: Fine. I'm leaving if you offend me or make fun of me, be there at 3:00

I sighed in relief, and though I hadn't fixed everything yet, at least I had a chance now. It was small, but it was still there.

*****

It was now five minutes till three o'clock and I'm currently running to the frozen yogurt shop in a rush. I was bound to be late, but I wasn't going to let it stop me. I had to get there on time.

With sixteen seconds to spare, I forcefully pushed open the door and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding while sprinting.

She stared at me and I gave a small smile, her eyes adverting away quickly after that. I frowned to myself and got a cup, filling it halfway with the cold mixture.

I sat down across from her once I paid for my yogurt, her facial expression remaining neutral. "Hey," I mumbled out, looking down at my snack attentively.

"What's the real reason I'm here?" She asked coldly and straight to the point, looking up from her half eaten treat. She didn't bother saying hi and that's how I knew she was slowly getting over me.

"I wanted to apologize. No— I needed to apologize," She looked at me weirdly and I took a moment to breathe before continuing.

"What I did to you— was complete and utter shit. I can't believe I did that, even with how big of an asshole I am. Sorry can't really make up for it, but I'm sorry anyways.

"I mean look at you, you changed your whole style. I'm pretty sure that's not who you are and though I've only known for for about three months, I definitely can say you look out of place."

She just ate her frozen yogurt slowly in silence, urging me to continue.

"At first, it was only a dare. I didn't like you because of what everyone said and in the first week, I realized you weren't a bad person. Just, misjudged, I guess.

"Then as the next week followed, I noticed little things about you that I hadn't taken in before. The way you constantly make sure your outfit isn't ruffled, or how you smooth your hair out when you get bored in class. Even the way your eyes flutter when you sleep."

She moved back slightly, giving me a scared look. My eyes widened at what I said, and I tried to cover it up while panicking, "You fell asleep at my house– Remember? I'm not creepy, I promise."

She accidentally flashed a small smile and my eyes lit up. I made her smile.

"I'm just so sorry. I actually really like you, but I want to be friends again. I hope you understand."

She sighed, "Fine."

I looked up from the table at her response. "Wait, really? You forgive me? Oh my go—"

"No, I don't forgive you. Not yet, anyways. But, I um, kinda missed you too. So we can be friends." She covered it up, shrugging as she spooned a mouthful of fro-yo into her mouth.

"Thank you," I smiled, not being able to fight it. I want to hug her so badly.

"Then why didn't you just say so?" She lightly laughed, standing up. God, did I really just say that?

A blush formed on my cheeks as I stood up, my figure towering over hers. Her face was in my shoulder as we hugged, breathing in and out slowly.

"And for the record, I missed you too."