11

a/n: i decided to continue this book so please vote on this & comment questions on the character ask :)
Shawn's POV:

I nearly did a double-take upon first glancing at her, and the only thought in my head was what the hell happened?

Her face was neutral as she passed, acting like nothing changed. Ian was staring as well, making me suddenly snap my head back to him.

"That's Grace," I gaped, trying to stay quiet since she was only a few rows away. He gave me an odd glance, questioning what I had just said.

"No, that's not her. That girl is actually hot," He replied in a duh tone, acting like I had gone insane.

Wait, did he just call her ugly? She is no where near ugly.

"That is her, you dumbass. Why do you think she's so 'hot' now?"

Ian ignored the first comment, "Because black on black is hot on girls, dipshit."

I rolled my eyes as the bell chimed, everyone rushing out the door with heavy materials piled in their arms. She walked out before I could even spare another glance, making me frown.

How I was I supposed to talk to her now?

*****

When lunch rolled around, I felt dreary— almost like death, if you will.

In class, I could not stop thinking about her appearance. I missed my notes in biology and didn't even start on the homework in history, though my friends noticed they didn't mention it.

What made her change like that?

This isn't her. It's not and it mostly likely will never be. So, what's with the sudden change?

It's like on Friday she went home and threw away all of her normal clothes, then visited some emo store like Hot Topic.

I don't have anything against that place, but to a regular person who doesn't constantly wear black it's kind of odd. (a/n: it's pretty. odd.)

She used to wear blue a lot; it seemed to be her favorite color up until now. Why?

The answer was so unclear until I realized what my friends had texted her last week.

I choked on my water and sputtered it onto the table, the guys around me grimacing. "Sorry," I mumbled, using my napkin to wipe it dry.

She changed because of me.

It made sense— the hair dye, black clothes, even the Converse wasn't common for her.

She looked bad.

No, not like that. I think she looks beautiful, honestly.

But the fact I made her do this made me feel like shit, and that's why she looks bad. This style simply isn't her and she looks like a new person. Literally, a new person.

I probably pushed her over the edge after hearing the same comments constantly.

Are we even still dating? I don't know. She never actually said 'We're breaking up', but maybe 'Don't ever talk to me again' was supposed to be a hint.
By the looks of this, I don't think she wants to get back together.

I can't even imagine how she stayed with me through all this, even when I treated her like everyone else at this school.

I don't like it. I loved the old her way more.

Wait, what the hell?

Why did I just say I loved her?
This whole thing is getting to my head, I need a break.

To: Grace
We need to talk.