14

double updating cause this chap and the next are super short
Grace's POV:

We stood on the dance floor, his hands gripping my waist softly. He walked off a few times to meet with his friends, but I didn't care. I did it as well.

This time the DJ played a slow song, making Shawn drag me up to the front of the room. He kissed my cheek softly before walking up onto the stage, which confused me. He mumbled something to the man who was working with sound, who handed him a microphone.

"Hey everyone, sorry to interrupt your night but I have something very important to say."  The music still played softly in the background but the crowd turned to face Shawn, who looked slightly nervous.

"You see that girl down there? That's Grace, my girlfriend," He pointed, making me blush and give a small wave.

"I wanted to say I'm breaking up with you. I also wanted to thank Ian for giving me this dare, because the four hundred dollars was worth the time suffering with her. Enjoy the rest of your night!" He cheered, walking off and smirking as he passed by me.

I woke up in a cold sweat, getting the sudden urge to cry. I heaved pants, shaking uncontrollably. I crawled out of the bed, stumbling downstairs to grab a drink. I'm glad his parents were on a business trips, because at this point, I was making so much noise.

A few tears slipped from my eyes as I struggled to hold the glass firmly, trying not to spill the water. I took a sip, soothing my dry throat slightly. I leaned against the counter for supporting, attempting to even out my breathing.

Suddenly I heard a loud thud behind me which cause some of my water to spill. "Grace? You okay?" A sleepy Shawn grumbled, his voice raspy as he rubbed his eyes.

"I had a bad dream," I mumbled, stepping into his embrace. He hugged me softly, moving his hand up and down along my back in a comforting way.

"It's okay baby, I'm here," His voice showed tiredness, like he didn't even realize he called me baby. I decided not to care, just nodded and concentrated on stopping anymore tears.

"Do you want to go back to bed?" He mumbled softly, his head hanging over my shoulder because of our height difference.

I agreed lowly, his arm wrapping around my shoulder as he guided us back upstairs.

We didn't say anything as we both climbed back in bed, snuggling under the covers.

"Don't worry," He said softly, "I'm here. No one's gonna hurt you,"

I didn't say anything and just shut my eyes, falling back asleep to the sound of Shawn's voice replaying in my head.