Part 2: Phil's POV

I walk out of Dan's room to set up the movie with a vast number of questions swimming through my head. 

What was his dream? Was it about me? What made it bad? 

And of course the one that I think of at every waking moment: Does he love me the way I love him? I've been having to hide my feelings for him when I don't want to. I am just too afraid of what the answer will be and if it would ruin our friendship. It's so frustrating sometimes. I've done my best to keep my distance to keep myself from doing something I'll regret.

I enter the lounge and pick out Big Hero 6. I go to the kitchen and start to make some tea, despite the fact that it is 3a.m. I walk back into the lounge to see Dan plop onto his crease in the couch; his favorite spot. He pats the space next to him which I found unusual but I wasn't complaining. I plopped down next to him and we both were sitting straight up. He was probably just as uncomfortable as I thought. I didn't want to lean on his shoulder and I haven't done anything like that since 2011. I didn't want to make him feel awkward after what happened.

***

We eventually go into a half asleep state and Dan seems to be on the verge of dozing as well.

The movie ends and Dan, I suddenly noticed, is all snuggled up to me. I don't want to move and wake him up so I just lifted him up the tiniest bit and let his head rest gently on my shoulder as my head rested on his chest. I listen to the pattern of his sure, steady breathing. Rising. Falling. Rising. Falling. 

As my breathing synced up to his, and I fell asleep.