Chapter 5

Lindsay's POV

What just happened?

Did I really just hug James? The guy who scared me half to death by murdering a half-innocent girl?

Yes I did.

I actually think I liked it. I'm not sure.

Kendall looked upset again like he did when we talked about who killed them. He stormed upstairs again.

"I need to talk to him." I said.

"You don't wanna do that." James tried to stop me by holding my arm.

"I have to try."

He then let go and I walked upstairs to talk to Kendall.

He sat on the couch his eyes were now a bright blue.

"Hey." I said sitting next to him.

"What do you want?" He snapped.

"I wanna talk to you."

"No you don't." He snapped again.

"Kendall, keeping your feelings locked up inside isn't gonna help your life at all." I said sweetly.

He sat there and looked at me.

"I wanna help you. But I can't do that unless you talk to me."

He looked away. "You really wanna know what happened that day? How this monster happened?"

"Yes."

"It all started when we were coming in from the movies..."

*FLASHBACK*

Kendall's POV

"Rosie! Do that thing with your eyes again!" James said happily laughing.

"What you mean this?" Rosie crossed her eyes.

"YEAH!" The guys yelled.

I snuck up behind her and picked her up upside down tickling her.

"Kendall! Stop it! It tickles!" She laughed.

"What's the magic word?" I looked up and kept tickling her.

"I love you big bro!" She yelled.

"Actually, it was cheesecake but that'll work too." I set her down on the couch.

We all sat on the couch. We talked and ate ice cream.

It was then time for Rosie to go to bed.

"Alright my little princess! Time for bed!" I said as she still sat on the couch.

"I don't wanna."

"Rosie. Dad said he wanted you in bed before he got home. Lets go." I said raising my eyebrows.

"Alright." She stood up crossing her arms.

Just then the door swung open and a strange looking man came into the house with a gun.

"DIE! ALL OF YOU!!!" He started to shoot. I tried to hide Rosie behind me.

"Rosie go to your room!" I yelled.

"No! Kendall!" She cried.

"Just go! No matter what happens I love you!" I yelled. James carried her to her room as she yelled and cried.

The shooter already shot Carlos and Logan in a heartbeat. He got James as he ran back and I dodged every bullet best I could. The killer ran to my sister's room and I could hear her scream and i ran to her.

"Rosie! Don't you dare touch her!" I punched him and as he turned I saw who it was. It was my dad. He was drunk. He stabbed a knife into my side and I fell down holding my side screaming Rosie's name. I heard a shot and I saw Rosie's shirt fill with blood. My dad left the house ashamed and crying. I crawled to her and looked at her.

"Rosie? Princess? Please stay with me!" I grabbed her off of her bed and into my lap.

"Kendall..." She mumbled.

"Yes princess?" I had tears in my eyes.

"That was daddy."

"I know. He didn't mean to. I promise."

"Kendall?"

"Yes?" I said looking into her eyes.

"I-I-I love you. With all my heart. Always make the right choices for me and momma. I'll tell her how much you miss her and love her..." Rosie started to close her eyes.

"No. No! Rosie! NO! Don't leave me! You're not leaving me! You're not! NOOO!" I held her close to my heart and just cried until I almost died.

But then this girl saved me because I was half alive. Unfortunately she couldn't save Rosie. Then she left quickly. James Carlos and Logan burst in and saw me crying with a dead Rosie in my arms. We didn't say anything. We kept her in a coffin in this house so I'd always have her here with me. I vowed to let nothing stop me and nothing hurt the boys. Ever.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Lindsay's POV

Kendall was crying by the time he finished.

"I wanted to tell her I loved her and how much she meant to me. I wanted to see her grow up. Most of all, I wanted her to make me happy." He cried.

"Kendall. I'm sorry." I was crying too. "You have to stay strong."

"How? That was horrible. My own dad did that. He left ashamed but he still did it. I will never forgive him." He sniffed.

"You know you should tell them." I said wiping my eyes.

He looked at me. "Maybe."

I smiled.

"You're a good friend, kind of like my sister. Thank you." He hugged me and we walked downstairs together. He's my best friend and brother.

I'm glad I got him to crack.