Chapter 8

James's POV

I didn't know what to do with myself when I saw Lindsay all beat up by Kendall from his temper tantrum.

"We have to get her to the hospital." I picked her up and ran to my truck.

I put her in the back seat and sat with her. Miranda got in the back seat with me while Logan and Carlos sat in the front, Logan driving.

We rushed to the hospital as fast as we could.

"James? Is she gonna be ok?" Miranda said to me crying still looking at Lindsay.

I honestly didn't know if she was gonna be ok or not. But for Miranda's sake, I had to believe she would be.

"Of course she is. She's a strong girl. She can make it." I replied looking at Lindsay's scarred face. "I'm sure of it."

When we got to the hospital, they rushed her into intensive care. I tried to follow but they told me to stay until they called us back.

So we just sat in the waiting room.

"James. Stop pacing. Lindsay's gonna be ok." Carlos said.

"But what if she's not? I let Kendall hurt her. I was too late." I said.

"She'll be fine bud. Just relax. I think Miranda might be in shock." Logan said pointing to Miranda who had her knees up to her chest sitting in a chair.

"I'm gonna die. Lindsay's gonna die. I'm trapped with vampires. Yeah I'm dreaming. It'll all go away soon. Hahaha." She rocked back and forth.

"Oh dear lord help us now." I said pinching my nose.

"Lindsay Harrison?" The lady called us.

"That's us." I said and we got up, well, Logan had to carry Miranda all the way there.

"Right this way." The lady led us down the hall.

"She's still unconscious and it'll take her a while before she's conscious again, but you're free to go in." She opened the door.

"Thank you." I said as she left. I opened the door and saw Lindsay.

She had wires all around her, she had stitches in her arm, and had an IV going into her left arm.

"She looks so broken." Carlos said.

Miranda came out of shock and was hugging Logan.

"Oh my gosh. I never thought I'd see my best friend in a hospital bed." Miranda said letting go of Logan and running to Lindsay's bedside.

"Oh Lindsay." Miranda said holding her hand.

I couldn't look. It was either stand in the hall, or be alone with her.

I choose be alone.

"Uh guys. Can I please be alone with Lindsay?" I said.

Out of the three of them, I was surprised Miranda answered.

"Sure." She said getting up and walking with Logan and Carlos out into the hall.

"Hey Lindsay. I know this is weird. You meeting us, us capturing you, you liking it and helping us out. Well, I feel like it was me who got you into this mess. Not Kendall. When you hugged me, something inside me changed. When I saw you hurt, I didn't attack, I helped. I don't know what it is about you but something has changed me and I think it's you." I said.

I kissed her forehead and sat in a chair next to her bed.

*2 Hours Later*

Kendall's POV

When I woke up from being knocked out by James, no one was there.

I remembered what I did to Lindsay and I felt awful.

They're probably all at the hospital. I need to apologize to Lindsay. I did something horrible and I had to fix it.

I drove to the hospital as if I were on a mission.

I walked through the hospital doors furious, and asked for Lindsay Harrison.

A lady led me to a room.

I walked in and saw James in tears. Man tears.

"James? Is Lindsay ok?" I asked.

"I sure hope so. She's unconscious right now. She has stitches in her right arm. And an IV hooked up to her left." He said a tear rolling down his cheek.

"I can't believe I actually hurt her. What's wrong with me James? Why are you guys normal and I'm......a...monster?" I said panicking afraid something bad was gonna happen.

"Kendall. You aren't a monster. You just lost important and special people in your life, and when you get mad that's what you think of instead of the positive things. But your heart is huge even though you don't let it show. I know that for sure." James said smiling. "That's why you didn't change her."

I was in total shock. James had never said that to me before. I thought he hated me. But that made me confident.

"Thanks James. Do you mind if I sit in here with you and Lindsay?" I asked.

"Sure." James replied staring straight at Lindsay.

Yeah James is in love. If he loses Lindsay, he'll end up like me.

I have to make sure this never happens again.

For James's sake.