Chapter 9

Lindsay's POV

I had no idea how long I'd been unconscious. All I knew was, Kendall did it, James saved me and I was in the hospital.

I woke up, barely, and I couldn't move my right arm because of the stitches.

I started coughing. I guess that startled James because he stood up and ran to my side.

"Lindsay? You're ok." He said smiling.

"Yeah I'm ok." I said looking at him with a weak smile. I glanced over at Kendall who looked ashamed.

"Kendall? I'm not mad. You can come over here if you want to." I said.

"Are you sure?" He said.

I nodded and waved him over.

He walked over and kneeled next to my bed.

I smiled.

"We've been so worried about you." James said almost crying.

"Oh you don't need to worry," I coughed some. "I'm fine."

"If you were fine, you wouldn't need to be in the hospital." Kendall said patting my back.

I smiled another weak smile. "My arm really hurts." I winced in pain.

"I know. It's ok. It'll be fine Lindsay." James said holding my hand.

"Ok. Go get Miranda, Logan, and Carlos. I wanna see them." I said.

"Of course." James said and walked into the hall.

"I'm really sorry Lindsay. I don't know what I was doing." Kendall said.

"Kendall, it's fine. I know you didn't know. Why do you think I'm not mad?" I laughed weakly.

"It's my fault for putting you in here. With that IV with stitches and a black eye."

"Kendall. All you were was mad. That's all. And you let the anger in you take over. It's ok." I said. It wasn't though. I don't know how long I'm going to be in here or what's going to happen to me.

James finally came back with Miranda, Logan and Carlos.

"LINDSAY!!" Miranda ran to me in tears. "I thought you almost died." She cried.

"Well I'm alive. You're free to relax now." I said giggling.

"Hey Lindsay." Logan said.

"Logan! Glad to see you." I said smiling. Without him I don't know how Miranda would've survived. She probably would've gone insane.

"Lindsay!" Carlos yelled like a little kid.

"Carlos!" I yelled weakly back.

We laughed. And I was finally with the people I thought would be my enemies but turned out to be my closest friends.

"This has been one crazy day and a half." I said wincing in pain from my arm.

"Right?" Miranda said rolling her eyes.

"Miranda, you went into shock and started saying strange things. And you hugged Logan. And you made him carry you." James said.

"I did?" Miranda said her face turning bright red. "Aw! That's embarrassing!"

Logan laughed. "I never said I didn't like it."

Miranda smiled.

I rolled my eyes. My friend is crazy. We're in a room full of vampires in a hospital, and they haven't attacked yet.

"Lindsay. You need to get some rest." James said.

"What? But I just woke up from being unconscious! You expect me to sleep now?" I said. I actually wanted to sleep, but I also wanted to talk to my friends.

"Lindsay you're tired and you know it." Kendall said.

"Psh. No I'm not." I said.

"Yes you are." Miranda said.

"Can I please stay up a little longer so I can talk to you guys?" I whined making a puppy dog face.

"Fine." James said.

"Yay!" I said half-excited, half-wincing in pain from the stitches. "Ow. That hurts like hell." I wanted to cry it hurt so bad.

"Want me to get the nurse?" James said.

"That would be nice." I said still in writhing pain.

James went to go get the nurse.

"That must've been scary Lindsay." Miranda said.

"Yeah...kind of." I said still in pain.

"Miranda. I don't think she wants to talk about it." Kendall said.

"He's...right." I said.

"Alright fine." Miranda said and rolled her eyes.

James came back in with the nurse and she put numbing cream on my arm, then left.

"Hopefully that'll cease the pain for a while. But it might take a while to kick in." James said.

"Uh huh. It'll take a long while to kick in. It hurts so bad!" I said crying.

Everyone just gave me sad stares. Of course they felt bad for me. I was in pain. They couldn't help but feel bad for me.

"We're so sorry Lindsay." Kendall said holding my hand.

I just kept crying.

"Can you guys...stay here tonight? With me?" I said my voice cracking.

"Of course we can." James said.

"Ugh. I'm too tired. Being your prisoner sucks." Miranda stuck up the finger to James, but he ignored her.

I knew vampires couldn't sleep but they did rest. And that's what they did. Miranda fell asleep on Logan's lap like a little kid. She was cute though.

"It'll be ok Lindsay." James said in a soft voice. "As long as I'm here, nothing will happen to you. If you need me, I'm right here sitting next to your bed." He smiled.

I returned the smile and fell asleep.

"That's it. Good night angel." I heard him say. Nothing could ruin this.