Chapter 22

James's POV

"I swear Kendall, I didn't mean to do anything!"

Kendall just rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Sure. Everyone says that. I know what you were feeling."

One thing I may have forgotten to mention is that Kendall, is in charge of the vampire council after his uncle died. And anything we do gets marked down until a certain point. When it reaches a certain point...well...you know a punishment that can cause death is sentenced to you. This is the third time this has happened to me.

"Kendall. Please let me go."

He smirked shaking his head. "you don't get it. You can't just be in love with a human, or anyone, and attack them without changing them first."

Ok this is a bunch of bull crap. He clearly doesn't see the whole picture here.

"Kendall you're forgetting something. Logan and Carlos have human girlfriends."

Kendall stared at me coldly. "I have to show you something." he grabbed my arm and lead me to the basement.

"Why am I down here?"

"Because you said Carlos and Logan have human girlfriends."

"Yeah they do."

"That's what you think." he smirked as Miranda and April came out and Miranda's clothes were completely different.

Then I noticed something completely different. Their eyes were red. There were a pair of fangs on each of them.

Shoot.

"No. No. Why did you let them ruin these innocent girls' lives?! This isn't fair!" I was about to punch him in the face. It was only at midnight when Kendall started acting this way. I hated it.

"It is fair james. Carlos and Logan are in love. And the girls agreed to it. Do it to Lindsay. I'm sure she won't mind."

Ok. Clearly he wasn't there about thirty minutes ago when I nearly attacked Lindsay and she wouldn't let me go near her afterwards. What makes him think she won't mind? What does he not understand?

I groaned. "Don't you get it Kendall? She wouldn't go near me after I almost bit her. What makes you think she'll agree to changing?"

"She might. She may just surprise you. You can leave James."

"Good. I'd rather be laying with my girlfriend than in the same bloody room as you." I hissed and walked upstairs.

I quietly knocked on the door of my room and opened the door a bit, "Lindsay?" I whispered quietly.

She looked at me, her eyes puffy from crying.

I walked in and swallowed hard about to cry.

I guess she could tell because she got up and hugged me tightly.

That just made me start crying. I hugged her tight and kissed her head. "I'm so sorry Lindsay. I promise I will never hurt you. Ever."

She laid her head in my chest crying.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's alright." I rubbed her back and we slowly walked over to the bed and laid Lindsay down gently.

She faced me and I put my hand lightly on her cheek stroking it with my thumb. "My sweet angel." I whispered while smiling.

Lindsay smiled and placed her hand on top of the one on her cheek. "Beautiful monster."

I kissed her forehead and wrapped my arms around her tightly. "I never wanna let go."

"Then don't." she said burying her head in my chest.

Why would Kendall want me to ruin this sweet girl's life? I love my Lindsay way too much to harm her at all. I'm her protector and lover. It's my job to keep her in my arms. Safe and sound.

"James?" she whispered.

"Yes baby?"

"I love you."

I smiled as a tear fell. "I love you too."

With that we fell asleep soundly.