Thrill Ride

With a shiver of excitment, I press the screen. Immediately, all the doors in the cell block slide open. I jump up and rush into the hallway. "Never underestimate my hacking skills, Abby! Let's go!" I hear her footsteps behind me as I rush down the hallway ahead of everyone else. I glance back to see Riddler right behind Abby, and the Penguin right behind him. Amazing how he can keep up with such stubby legs, huh?

   I skid around the corner and trip two guards in my way, then continue racing to the storage room, where they store all our stuff when we get thrown in here. Quickly I enter the giant room and locate my bin, then open and grab the pouch of throwing knives in there. Turning around, I watch Abby flip up the hood of her cloak. "You ready?" She pulls up her facemask and nods. "Let's go, then! WOOOHOO!" I sprint out of the storage room, slipping past the tide of prisoners flowing in, then make sure Abby's behind me before taking off again and heading to the exit. What? I've looked at this place through cameras like a hundred times, I know where I'm going. Most of the guards were back at the storage room, so we didn't really run into anyone. Laughing, I skid to a halt in front of the front doors and push them open, feeling the cool air on my face.

   Abby giggles and slips past me. "Alright.... I guess that was kind of fun. I see what you mean by a 'rush'." I grin. "Oh girl, you ain't seen nothin yet. Ever been on a robbery before? Best feeling in the world." I skip to a boat on the edge of the island and hop in. Abby follows suite. I hotwire it and rev the engine, smiling victoriously. Abby makes a small noise beside me. "Well... I dunno. Isn't stealing sort of... against the law?"

   "And killing Batman isn't?" I cast her a sidelong glance, then pull away from the island and start heading towards the city. "And besides Abby. How could doing something wrong feel so good if it isn't destiny? Just go on one heist with e, that's it. If you don't like it, you don't have to go on any more." I look over at her, pleading with my eyes. The ocean winds whip my hair around, and I place a hand on my hat to keep it from falling off. "Pleeeeaaasssseeee?" I whimper. Abby glances at me, then sighs. "Fine." I whoop in happiness. "Woo! Yeah! Oh, and Abby? Stealing can be a good thing too, you know." Abby snorts. "Oh yeah?" I grin. 

   "Yup. After all, we just got a free boat, right? Would you rather swim?"