My Birthday

I sighed happily, staring out the window of my cab, with my earbuds in and Panic! At the Disco blaring in my ears. Today was my Sixteenth birthday! I was finally going to get my dream job! Well, maybe. If not then I hope I show up in scientists nightmares.

The taxi finally stops and I stare up in awe as I get out. Gothams Plant and Wildlife Research facility is even more beautiful than I imagined. It was on the very shore of Gotham, a huge cylinder of gray dinginess. Climbing ivy was crawling up the sides and there were stains everywhere, of all different shapes and sizes and colors. I paid the cabbie and ran up to the building, giving it a huge hug and laughing. " Why are you hugging the building, Fauna? Who knows whats on there?" Someone said from behind me, pulling me off the wall. I turn around and hug them instead. " Ivy! I'm soooo excited! I'm totally gonna nail the interview, I just know it! Where do I start?" I squeal excitedly, jumping up and down. I was wearing my lucky outfit today- dark blue invader zim shirt, white jeans, black hoodie with camo pockets and camo inside of the hood, and combat boots. I had eyeliner on, and pink lipstick, so my blue eyes popped and my lips looked soft, and I had dyed the tips of my brown hair black the night before. It was, as always, in it's natural wild curls. Ivy smiled at me. She had gorgeous Flaming red hair and emerald green eyes. She looked like mom, and I looked like Dad. It was too bad they were gone. We headed inside. Unlike the unappealing ( to some people) exterior, The inside was a pristine, bright white. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust, but it was worth the brief moment of blindness. It was absolutely beautiful.

(After the tour)

"Alright, Here is our last stop before you have your job interview. She's going to underestimate you because you're young, but remember, you finished college five weeks ago. You can impress her." Pam smiled at me with complete confidence. We were in the room where they stored all the chemicals, and there were only a couple of scientists in there. They seemed to be arguing about something green in a beaker. Whatever. The office was just across the room. I composed myself and started to walk towards it. "I'd wish you good luck, but you don't need it!" Called Ivy after me. I turned and gave her a smile. That's when it happened. I was in front of a huge, heavy shelf containing all sorts of chemicals. It was long and tall, and I just wasn't quick enough. It all happened too fast..... The two scientists who had been arguing before, over that green beaker, had gotten into a fully blown fight. They were screaming at each other on the other side of the shelf when one decided to shove the other right into it. The scientist fell into the shelf, which caused it to fall. On me. Did I mention that the shelf was heavy? I saw it start to tip over and started running, but, like I said, I wasn't quick enough. And that's how I died. I got squashed flat by a shelf full of chemicals. After everything went still I heard something break and my sister scream in pain. I tried to move but I couldn't. I was still in my body, I knew that, I had died with my eyes open, so I could still see. The wierd thing was, I felt like I was still alive. Like I said, I was still in my body. I could see, I could hear, and the strangest thing was, I could feel. I could feel my body burning under all the chemicals, I could feel the glass in me and the wood on top of me, and the blood dripping down my skin. But none of it hurt. Pamela was still crying and I heard the scientists start to scream, then stop suddenly. Something slithered past me and I felt the shelf on top of me lift then crash somewhere else, and someone turned me over. I looked into a familiar face. Ivy. But.. her skin was somehow green. She whispered sorry to me, then closed my eyes. That's when I heard the Police sirens.