Reviews

The Wonder of Magic, Angels, Demons - and a Shapeshifting Dragon 11 April 2014

By A.A.Attanasio - Published on Amazon.com

This is a fantasy series that flings the soul wide and fills us with the wonder of angelic magic, demonic force, shapeshifting - and dragons. Jack the Hawk is a hero whose largeness of heart commands our affection even as his supernatural destiny transforms him into a dragon out of an ancient prophecy long beyond human ken. Narrated for young adults, Jack's adventures wield dramatic momentum that can fluently carry adult readers to the fabled ends of the earth.

Masterfully written spiritual fairy tale for all ages. 25 Jan. 2014

By Evelina Sodt - Published on Amazon.com

Enter the world of magic and mystery...The book begins with a vivid depiction of an enigmatic young man with questionable values (although we are quick to forgive him given the circumstances), who morphes into a beautiful creature with a powerful soul. Gripping from the moment one advances to the second paragraph, this relatively short read has a feel of a fairy tale that would take you on a journey of sacrifice, discovery, evolution and character development. You may find yourselves questioning the concepts of free will, morality, karma and creation. Two thumbs up.

a fantastic story

By Ruth on 12 Sept. 2011

Changelings is a wonderful fantasy story with likeable, engaging characters, an exciting fast-paced storyline and dragons. It's easy to pick up and easy to get drawn into the magical world created by Mcvean. This is a truly fantastic book can be enjoyed by younger readers and adults alike, and particularly by any fantasy readers.

*

"Fantasy abounds through James's artistic command of the written word... visionary writing... Intriguing, imaginative, involving and infinitely wonderful! To think that this is only the beginning too (of what I hope will be a long series)."

Tammi Rager, Dreamweaver Magazine - USA www.DW-Magazine.net

*

"A well defined plot and excellent writing bring this fantasy adventure to life. Dragons and magic abound, creatively blending a delicious tingle of fear with fantastic elements of the supernatural... there is a satisfying amount of excitement as well as a few surprises.Changelings firmly steps into YA (Young Adult) fantasy with a clever new series."

Joyce Handzo - Reviewer Curled up with a Good Book www.Curledupkids.com

*

"This is a wondrous work of art and an invigorating reading adventure... and the conclusion of this novel is emotionally and spiritually gratifying."

A.A.Attanasio - Bestselling Author of Killing with the Edge of the Moon - The Dragon and the Unicorn - Radix - and many other Fantasy and Sci-fi Classics