4.pt.1

Chapter 4
I walked out of the house and went to go the mail. If just on que, the mail man walked up to my mail box. He looked up and saw me and handed me the mail saying 'have a good day'. I started to shuffle through the mail when I felt someone looking at me. I looked around and saw no one. Just paranoia. I chucked to myself.

My paranoia wasn't just paranoia. My hands shook over the writing on the package I looked at. I felt the writing under my fingers, feeling the familiar engraving.

"Hey Danny!" The voice scared me, making me jump and drop everything that was in my hands. I looked up and saw Jake standing there with a puzzled look. My shaking hands put a piece of strand behind my ear and forced a smile at him.

"Hey." I went down to pick up the mail that was sprawled out on the ground.

"Are you okay?" He also crotched down, picking up the papers that were by him.

"Yeah, great." I said but something told me he didn't believe me. "Got pack for this weekend, you didn't forget did you?" I asked trying to change the subject. He gave me a weird look that only lasted for a couple seconds.

"Uh, yeah. I packed."

"Alright, good. Meet me here at 5:50 and then we'll meet the guys at the school at 6:00. Permitting if I can escape from my dad and drive us out there." I said not making eye contact with him.

"Wai-" I saw the gears turning in his head. "You still haven't asked your parents yet?" He asked surprised.

"Shh, just go pack, I see you in a little." I said as I pushed him away from my house, leaving him to shake is head and walk away. I looked down at my hands and tried to ignore the thing that weighed down in my hands. I walked back into the house, I quickly ran upstairs, being thankful that my dad was in his home office and my step mother was nowhere to be found. I closed my widow and locked it as I shut the blinds. I locked my door and tried to prepare myself from what awaited me in the package.

To: Ms. Danielle Allen.
My hands ran over the writing as they did the first time. The I's in my name had hearts above them instead of dots. The writing was in blue ink, the same as always. I ripped the package open. It was a Stuff animal monkey that had a paper in its arms. I opened the letter.

One day we'll meet. All I do for you is try to protect you. I don't get why you must run from me.
Love Grey

My dad couldn't find this. If he did, we would move again and I can't do it. Not now, not later. Right here in this town is my chance to get that scholarship again. I put the monkey and paper in a box that was deep in my closet. I opened it up, showing a bunch of other monkeys.

Just leave me alone, I thought closing my eyes.

I regained myself and focus on the current situation. I ran back downstairs and saw my dad sitting at the table having a bowl of cereal.

"Uh, whatcha doing?" I asked.
"Eating breakfast."

"Its 4:30 though." I chuckled.

"Well it's one of those days." He chuckled as I sat down across from him at the table. My dad was self-made billionaire and put all of himself into his business. It was quite amazing to see him inaction. I got used to his appearance when a crisis happens at his work.