12.

Chapter 12

Most of everyone was asleep on the bus. We had about two hours till we got to the game. It was Semi finals and I was pretty nervous for the team. This team plays so dirty- but they played good- they played really good. I mean really good.

"Stop shaking your leg" That was my dad who spoke up.

"Fine" I looked out of the window and started to bite my nails. Force of habit.

"Stop biting you nails." He looked at me through the rearview mirror of the bus he was driving.

"Then what am I supposed to do dad?" He shrugged at my question. I was beyond nervous and I reviewed every play by this team. I wasn't going to lose faith, and I was not going to let the team see the nervousness written all over me.

"You nervous?" That was Jake this time.

"No."

"Yes."

"Shut up."

"You're not my mom."

"I am your coach though."

"Got me there."

I smiled knowing I won. I looked up at my dad in the rear view mirror and he shook his head. I shrugged looking out of the window. "Did you bring your epi pen?" I asked Jake.

"Yeah why?"

"Just making sure." I needed to make sure everything went as planned and nothing like fate came to wreck the plans.

"You're just a nervous wreck, aren't you?" Jake looked in my eyes. I didn't like that. He gave me a look like he could already find his answer. Like he knew every single thing about my life with just looking into my eyes.

"No." I continued to bite my nails and make my answer more invalid.

"You're not convincing me." He turned his head to look opposite.

"Maybe I'm a tiny bit nervous." I whispered. Why was I telling this boy I was nervous? He should be the last one to know that I'm nervous. I think.

"Well if it makes you feel any better- we got this." I smiled at him. It didn't make me feel any better.

"I know you guys do." I sighed. "It's this team they-"

"You think they're better then us?" Jake cut me off. I quickly turned to him and saw the hint of sadness plastered on his face.

"No, No, No." I threw my hands up in protest. "That's not it at all." I sighed.

"Then what is it?"

"They play dirty." I paused. "I think you guys are great- heck we wouldn't be in the spot we are in right now if we weren't great. I worked you guys hard and you took it." I shook my head.

"We can handle them." Jake said softly. I smiled at him and left it at that. I was certainly going to be on my guard today.